Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling back orderd items

I have a back order which the customer decided to cancel. V7.0.3.0.0.0 FBIA

I opened the back order and marked the items as cancelled. Clicked OK but the order did not go to completed.

Shipping had been applied to the original delivery with no charge due for the back order.

All reports had been printed, so what did I do wrong.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Have you tried opening and closing the order a second time?
    For some odd reason, back orders sometimes need this extra loving care to make them move

Also worth double checking that all totals in the back order are at zero.
    The postage allocation dosen't always behave itself, so its worth checking that what you thought was set to zero, actually is

Final check - have you printed the back order invoice. Despite it being cancelled, it still needs to be printed before it will move to completed

On an unrelated matter, just took a look at your site. If you don't mind some constructive criticism, I find the orange section headers quite disconcerting. When you scroll down the page, you almost get a strobing effect as the headers move. Just my opinion, so hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

Martin

Comment

Opened order serveral times without affecting status. Carriage is zero on back order and showing full amount in original order.

Thanks for you help, but it has not worked, at least this time.
      Mick Jackson
      Jackson's Fishing Tackle
      www.jackfish.net

Comment

Any outstanding or excessive payments are shown in the orginal original and until these are cleared the order won't complete.

Try opening the original order, go to payments, click new payment and then accept the default. That should clear it.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, that worked, even though it argued with me, it still cleared to complete.
          Mick Jackson
          Jackson's Fishing Tackle
          www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
          X