SMTP Relaying Denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP Relaying Denied

I may have the cause of a fault here, perhaps you can provide the answer.

We are using v7 for a customer, hosted on a unix box. Lets call them www.actinicsite.com Naturally the box has relaying denied for domains that are not Specified. If this were not the case the web would grind to a halt under SPAM...

The problem occurs when a customer completes the contact form, this form sends mail via sendmail using the "email" field in the contact form as the "from" address! When it should surely use the contactform@actinicsite.com as the from address. This seems poor practice as the form originates from the server not the client machine.

Can you shed some light on what we have to alter to make this fix, so that the mails are sent from the domain used for the site and not from the field that the customer fills out.

Regards

James Hirst

Yes, it is a bit back to front, especially if you are using Sender Policy Framework (SPF) on your mail server system, as if the actual email addresses domain publishes SPF records in DNS, then it would get bounced under that receipe as not coming from a valid mail server as published by that domains DNS...

The only solution I can think of would be to hack the MailForm.pl in your site1 folder with regards to the sub SendMailToMerchant area, but which field is beyond my identification for the senders email address to replace the $sEmailRecpt field, plus it may need to be done in more than one place, so dangerous to dig around unless someone has already achieved this type of change.

As always, changes to the perl scripts is not support by Actinic, so proceed with caution and make sure you keep an original copy for reversal if needed..

Comment

Working...
    X