Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advice on finishing off website

HI,

Im a complete newbie at this so i'd like to thank everyone for all the help i've received on this site. Theres a couple of things i've still got to work out how to do.

I can't seem to find out the template for adjusting my home page ( welcome page). I want to add some contact details in the space to the right of my company logo. My website is www.toolbox37.com.

I also want to add a background colour to the online catalogue but im not sure how to do this without the whole site changing colour.

Also if there are any other suggestions, criticism or opinions about my website i'd be very grateful in hearing them.

Many thanks
    ROB

If you are using Brochure pages, the Act_BrochurePrimary.html will read
    Code:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr> 
        <td align="left" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS"> 
          NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO
          </td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    Add another cell into this table and put your contact detail in this cell - example
    Code:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr> 
        <td align="left" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS"> 
          NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO
          </td>
    <td valign="middle">Phone us at 044 (0)1224 555 1234<br><br>
    Email Us at test@test.com<br><br>
    Write to us at 11 anyold street, ourtown. IB2 0LD.</td>
      </tr>
    </table>
    For the rest of the site (the products and checkout) make the same change in Act_Primary.html.

To get a colour background on certain pages, save Act_Primary. to a new name (Act_PrimaryBGround.html) then change the body tag from
    Code:
    <BODY TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" topmargin="0"
    marginwidth="5" marginheight="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD"
    NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR>
    delete NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR and substitute your choice - I use a neutral gray in the example below
    Code:
    <BODY TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" topmargin="0" marginwidth="5" marginheight="0" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD"
    NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE bgcolor="#cccccc" NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR
    NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR>
    then select the new template as overall template on the layout tab of the pages where you want the coloured background.
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 12-Oct-2005, 06:54 AM. Reason: wrap the body tag and add the final step
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for that. I can now start thinking about SEO. I've been looking through the forum about the best ways for getting high up on google. As far as i can understand it's something to do with links. Are these the information links that you can put in for each product. If so what do you link it to? Do you link it to i's own pictures etc. Sorry about this but i haven't a clue what to do for this.

Comment

The links being talked about for SEO purposes are links to your site pages from other websites such as directories, people who produce or use the tools you sell etc,.

I have sent you an email with a link to excellent link building advice on the High Rankings Forum.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks wjcampbe.

Thats a great help

Many thanks
          ROB