Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my drop down section list!

Hi there,
    I have recently upgraded to the latest version of catalog.
    Everything has been fine, today I have added a load of new products and have noticed that in both the offline preview and whilst viewing my site online that the drop down section list has disapeared and that there is an error on the page.

I cant think of any thing else that I have changed before this has happened.

I know I haven't edited anything to do with the drop down list and every thing appears to be normal.

Does any one have any ideas as to what I should check or what has caused this.

Like I say it has been fine until I have added these latest products.

Thanks in advance

Simon

When you upgrade only html files are upgraded, others (eg .pl) are overwritten, had you made any changes to the perl files to get your drop down section list to appear - when I upgraded I lost my extra information fields and this was the reason why. Just a wild guess mind you.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Just to add that if I view my online pages using netscape browser, the section list is there. But it does not appear with I.E as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Jan,
        The section list ws really out of the box and included in the theme that i use.
        The only script I remember altering is the actinicconstants.pm or what ever its called to allow a search log to be created.

this has baffled me as like I've said earlier it was all working fine even after my latest upgrade.

Comment

I had the same problem especially with being able to view in Netscape and not in IE. I think it is to do with the number of sections you have in the store being too many. I have 52 sections in our store and when I cut them down to 5/6 it worked. Could be a bug. Anyone from Actinic got any ideas wether it is?

I have a previous thread with this problem at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=621
          Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Sussed it - I think

Owen,
            I think I have found my problem at least.

I noticed that a picture I was using for my sections had the same name as a product picture, altghough it was in different folder, I figured that this might be worth a look.
            I renamed the section picture and wolla, every thing is back to normal.

The drop down section list appears in both I.E and netscape.

Phew

I hope your problem is similar as it is pretty easy to fix and you dont need to touch any script files.

Let me know if this has proved to be your problem also.

Cheers

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

It's worked for me as well. Cheers mate

Owen
              Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Working...
              X