do text links have associated variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do text links have associated variables

my text shrinks when i create a link with it, it does not do it until i place it in actinic, i figure this must be a netquotevar: am i right? if so where can i change its value......or is it on a link by link basis if this is the case can you please tell me the format for the code.

<font face="Arial" size="2">
    <a href="http://www.newblades.co.uk/acatalog/info.html">(fd)</a> ?
    </font>

(fd) shrinks beyond the capabilities of my eyesight
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

This is controlled by the a: entries in your Actinic.css style sheet file. You will find this file in the Site1 folder.

Currently it will assign a text size of actxxsmall or actxsmall to a link, just change this to the next size up and save the file,

actxxsmall > actxsmall > actsmall > actregular > actlarge > actxlarge > actxxlarge
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Gary - note that if you have a font type and size declared in your a:link, a:visited, a:hover and a:active statements in the actinic.css file this will overide your <font face="Arial" size="2"> as the <a> tag is closest to the item

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

reerence

thanx bill there must be a reference source available to download containing all actinics classes for my own future reference this i need,

jont are you saying that for 1 off situations i could do some thing like this

<a font face="arial" size="2" href="http://blar de blar.htlm">data</font></a>

by containing the font reference beetween the <a>tags it will not be overwritten by actinics classes
        Gary Simpson
        www.tba

Comment

You will need to use
          Code:
          !!<<a href="http://blar de blar.htlm"><font face="arial" size="2">data</font></a>>!!
          to overide the CSS statement

Wrap the font tag around the display text

HTH

Bikster

Comment

bill further ref

changeing the values of the a:entries in the style sheet would solve my imediate problem but would it not create new one's ie all my links would grow and most of them are sitting pretty as they are.

also i created a new style called it mypinkheader if i specify the class=mypinkheader in <td> it works fine but if i replace actsmallheader with mypinkheader in the tabe propeties the whole table shows as plain font
            Gary Simpson
            www.tba

Comment

Gary,

If you are happy with the size and presentation of the standard link text, then just create an <a href tag without trying to assign font name and size properties and that will use the standard properties used by all your other links.

Sorry, but I thought your problem was ALL links.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You could assign a new class to each of the a:conditions and use it locally eg

.pink a:link, .pink a:visited, .pink a:hover, .pink a:active

or <div> the area you need and around the table and use a id="" statement although I know Actinic can have issues when declaring css statements from say text fragments rather than embedded into the act_template

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                X