Stupid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Question

Hi this may sound like a stupid question but how do i add a new page to the site? I want to add an faq page to my current site? I cant find anywhere in the Template Manager to do so
    Also where does my Act_NavigationItem.html get the images from and how does it know wich ones to call up? I assume it just calls up the ones that are acccessable from that page?

thanks in advance

I believe you just create a new brochure page and fragments. Look at the example pages that came with your actinic. "More Pages" is a good example.

Comment

The Navigation images come from Design | Options | Navigation

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jamie,

The easiest way is to right click on your home page and select add new brochure page. In the boxes that open on the right half of the page, give it a name, then if necessary change the html name that shows in the next line to make it SE friendly (remove spaces use - for _ get rid of & characters etc) select layout if you want to use a different template, choose that template and click apply.

Add fragments by right clicking your new page name and choosing add fragment.

Could not be easier
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ive tried adding a brochure page but this isnt what i want, the site im redesigning has pages like info and feedback that dont show up on my content tree, i dont even know where these are!
          when i made the brochure page it says in my page preview that 'this page is deleted'?

in regards to the navigation images i know what you mean but how do i add my own? it seems that you can only have the pages it tells you to have, plus i dont have a site map but the images are there and there not shown on my site, i changed these to the images for the page i want (faq) but it still doesnt show up?

Comment

You can change the text on the info pages in the view / business settings on the terms and conditions tab - maybe you could hijack on of those for your new page, if not, the only other way to add pages is by adding sections or brochure fragments.

Regards
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

i see what you mean but you cant create a new page like info can you? not to worry tho its not that important, i'll leave it for now.

My next question is can you creat your own NETQUOTEVARS?

for example, i would like a latest news section on the front page of the catalog and it would be handy if i could use a NETQUOTEVAR to call up a html file with the latest news text in and edit in there when needed, rather than going into the template code and editing in there.

hope that makes sense, thanks in advance

Comment

your own NQV's are called CUSTOMVAR's and you can add them in under Advanced | Custom Properties and are used in the templates in the same way eg CUSTOMVAR:myvariable .. you can assign the value of myvariable at a global level, section level and product levels to draw in your HTML, images etc.

HTH

Bikster

Comment

nice one! i wont be working on this again till monday (3 day weekend woohoo!)
                  but thats just what im after, thanks

Comment

be aware if you call in a HTML page to strip out the <html> <head> and <body> tags (and closing tags) as these are already part of the Act_Primary and will be added in there again when Actinic adds in the HTML.

Enjoy your 3 day weekend

Bikster

Comment

right, ive created a custom property called NEWS type: text
                      I have put CUSTOMVAR:NEWS in my act_primary and created a html file called Act_NEWS.html wich just contains text no tags or anything
                      but nothings showing up on my site, it doesnt seem to be registering that there is anything to call up.
                      how do i tell my custom property to call up the html file? or where do i put the text it wants to be calling up?

Comment

no worrys, ive got me head round it now

Comment

Working...
                        X