Changing Postage depending on selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Postage depending on selection

Is there an easy way to change the postage of an item based upon component options?

I have some products already weighted so that at the checkout they incur the delivery charge. I'm looking to acheive something similar using components.

I have a product that is delivered free, but if the customer makes a choice from single to double I want to increase the products weight so that the postage chagre kicks in.

Is this possible? Or are there any work arounds?

Hi,

If you want to achieve this using only the components then you will have to give the main product a weight of say 0.01 and in the shipping tables make a charge of 0.00 for the weight, like wise create a new weight of 0.02 and associate the shipping charge to this weight value, so one product being ordered will not incur a shipping/postage charge but on increasing the quantity to 2 the shipping/postage will kick in.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Is there a way to give a weight to the component?

If the component choice was colour, I would want red items to be delivered free (ie 0g) and Green items (2g) to have a delivery cost.

Comment

In that case you will have to create a hidden product for the red and the green and on the component, associate it to the hidden product. Make sure the main product does not have a weight involved.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Excellent I'll give that a try then.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Working...
          X