email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email

When an order is taken on an Actinic site, an email is sent out to the email address specified in Business settings.
    Is it possible to arrange for a second email to be sent out at the same time (when an order has been made) and for this email to vary according to the product purchased (ie if product A is purchased, then an email A is sent, if product B is purchased, then an email B is sent [as well as the primary email]).

On a related issue, sometimes, a 'phantom' order is made (when a customer changes their mind halfway through a transaction) and an email is sent out saying (wrongly) that an order has been made when in fact the customer didnt complete the purchase. Is it possible to only send out the email if and only if the transaction is actually completed.

The first answer is no. There's no way of automatically sending out different emails depending on what's been ordered. You acn though create a template email for each instance and send them manually from within actinic.

I'm not sure about the phantom issue. Actinic will sometimes send a 'you have a new order' email if a customer goes to the payment stage but doesn't complete payment, but it won't send out an 'order confirmation' email unless the customer has completed the payment stage and gone to the receipt page. (I believe the email is triggered when they click the 'done' button on the receipt page but can't remember for sure).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

You can use our One Stop Order Processing to do this to an extent, this program allows you to view your Actinic orders, you can define views and filters within the product and so could build up supplier views. You can also define emails to send to specific email addresses so you could combine the supplier views with supplier emails to acheive your aim. The sending of email would be a manual process rather than automatic though. You can find more details and a free trial of our product at the URL below :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Is it not possible to 'hack' the perl scripts somewhere (i have been trying to find the point where the customer order confirmation email is sent -so far without success) If it is done in one of the .pl files should it not be possible to duplicate this bit of code?, changing the customer inserted email address with an email address obtained from say a customvar associated with each product.
        I suppose i am asking:
        Where is the code that actinic uses to send out the customer order confirmation email?. Or is this code unreachable?.

cheers
        John

Comment

Hi,

The Order Confirmation email is sent on clicking the 'Done' button on the receipt page, this is the os00000x.pl script. The email is generated using the MailForm.pl script.
          If it is done in one of the .pl files should it not be possible to duplicate this bit of code?, changing the customer inserted email address with an email address obtained from say a customvar associated with each product.
          Do you want to send the same email to an additional address provided by the customer or to any other email address, if it is the latter you can achieve this by using Business Settings | Ordering | 'Send receipt email copies to' and enter the email address there, you can have several email addresses seperated by comma's. If I am wrong then please do clarify.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

email

Hi Bruce, thanks for your helpful reply.
            I think i can now see a way of doing what i want (but im still not sure if ill be able to amend the files you quoted or even if it is possible to get the email address (see below) from a 'CUSTOMVAR'.
            What i would like to do is this: When a customer has paid for an item, i would like the receipt email to go to the customer (this is done automatically), a copy of the receipt email to go to my email address (this is done by entering my email address into business settings) and i also want a second copy of that same email to go to a third person (the email details of this third person to be obtained from information attached to each product). (Each product on my site is 'owned' by a separate person and i would like them to know when 'their' product is purchased by getting an email each time a purchase is made).
            regards
            John

Comment

Hi John,

This is not easy to do in Actinic. The only work around I can think of is to get the copy of the email sent to the merchant forwarded to another email address based on the content of the email. This can be done using Tools | 'Rules and Alerts' in Outlook or similar function in the mail client you use.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

email

Thanks Bruce. Ill try that.
                John

Comment

Working...
                X