Organising HTML Files into Subfolders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organising HTML Files into Subfolders

I was wondering if its possible to organise the HTML site files into folders on our FTP server, if so, how do I do this through Actinic?

Alas Actinic lumps everything together into the acatalog folder - if you move anything it will break the cart facilities and navigation etc

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Umm was worried that was the case.... how annoying

Comment

It has been raised several times on the forum - to be fair for the vast majority of users it is not an issue as Actinic handles everything via the templates and database unlilke a traditional HTML site created say via Dreamweaver

Bikster

Comment

I presume I can put my product images in a folder called 'images' though?

Duncan

Comment

yes - so long as they are in a sub folder of the SITE1 folder that is OK ... though Actinic still lumps them all together on the server!

Bikster

Comment

If you are adding images to Act_templates best to keep this in the root of the SITE1 folder as Actinic can throw up an error during upload time

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                It has been raised several times on the forum - to be fair for the vast majority of users it is not an issue as Actinic handles everything via the templates and database unlilke a traditional HTML site created say via Dreamweaver
                Assumed so, its just one of the many tweaks we are looking at as part of the SEO process I go through.

Comment

Working...
                X