Actinic 7 Done in Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic 7 Done in Developer

Can any one answer this question quickly.

We have actinic catalog ver 7, and have been asked by a few people to do a website for them.

We are thinking of upgrading to developer, and if we did make a website for them using coupon codes and other things that are not available in other version of catalog, would they still be there when we do a site snapshot, and imported it in their version of catalog which is ver 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
    Jon Harvey
    Technical Director
    Wight Computers Ltd
    Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
    www.wightcomputers.co.uk

The snapshot would contain all of the information, but would only be activated when used within the appropriate title of the software, so installing the snapshot into Catalog would lose the coupons and accounts abilities, whereas the same snapshot imported into Business would retain it, so afraid you can not develop in developer and then use all of those bits within catalog, as the customer still needs to be using the title with the features...

Comment

Thanks, for your reply.
      Jon Harvey
      Technical Director
      Wight Computers Ltd
      Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
      www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

It would be useful in Developer to be able to choose Catalog or Business at the start of any particular development and for the software to then only use the features of that particular version. That way, you don't need to remember which features will be available for the site you are creating for a client.
        Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
        Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Hi,

The only way to be able to do that would be to use the appropriate Authorization key, be it for Catalog or Business when you license a new site to start work on.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

We thought that we could design a website for them, and either just get them order manager so they could collect their orders (but that means we would be responsible for entering all their stock on the site, which we don't want to do) or if they want to change prices etc themselves then they could go with catalog.

I know they would want a coupon code, it would be nice if we could do their site, and then upload it, but also keep their coupon code, but that means they would have to get busines or developer, just to have a coupon code facility, is that right ?

Any other suggestions, would be nice.
            Jon Harvey
            Technical Director
            Wight Computers Ltd
            www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

The customer may get a deal from Actinic to upgrade to business
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I'm not sure if I understand this properly. If I have Developer and am creating a site for a client, would I use their authorization key (from their own copy of Catalog) when creating the site on my PC, rather than the key that relates to my copy of Developer? And if this is right, does that mean that for that particular site develpment I would then have access to Catalog features only? (Which is what I was hoping for.)

Thanks,
                Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
                Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Hi there Susan

What key you use is up to you. If the customer has a Catalog key already then you can enter that into Developer when licensing a new site, and then the site will work just like an Actinic Catalog site.

If, however, there is no Catalog key available then you can use your multi-site Developer key to license a site. You just need to be aware that not all the features of the site will be supported in Catalog. The features to avoid using are:
                  • File | External Links
                  • View | Customer Groups
                  • View | Customer Accounts
                  • 'Cart Contents' and 'Customer Pricing' tabs in 'View | Discounts...'
                  • The 'Prices' tab of a product - for doing 'Quantity-Dependent Pricing'

Comment

Working...
                  X