Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Actinic Site to a Secure Server

Hi, I hope someone can help...

I have kind of been dropped in at the deep end .. I am a general computer consultant who has been asked to look at a customers Actinic shopping site.

They have been asked to move to a Secure server. The site works well on a standard web server but we are getting error messages when trying to upload to the secure site. We have entered all of the details into the SSL network set up but when we try and test the connections we are getting the error;

"Unable to connect to the FTP server "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", 220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 server (ProFTPD freedom2surf Installation) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] 550 SSL/TLS required on the control channel"

obviously xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the server IP Address and freedon2surf is the host.

If we use SmartFTP and link to the site using the same IP Address and passwords it goes in and we can create folders and navigate around. However we have to specify that it is secure FTP. Does this need doing in Actinic and if so where?

Has anyone come across this message or does someone understand what it means ??

Thanks in advance
    rakirkpatrick

If you have changed the details in the network dialog and then done a test, try making the changes (if you removed them) and then clicking on the wizard button to conduct a configuration of those settings, ensuring you leave both checkboxes unchecked, which will leave your settings in tact and it will then conduct a full test.

Find making changes and then doing a test straight away does invariably fail, but by changing and then doing the wizard, then all works, so hope that solves it for you.

If that fails, you might want to show your full network settings in the forum (username/passwords removed) so that some other person using the same host can see and possibly help.

Comment

Actinic doesn't support secure ftp. It's a requirement for very few hosts and so there hasn't been much justification for doing.

There has been another post on this in the V7 forum, so maybe this is going to be an up and coming issue.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Apologies, missed that somehow on it being SecureFTP... sorry...

There is a solution for this which I just remembered from http://www.bitvise.com/ where it effectively tunnels a standard FTP connection to an SFTP connection/destination called Tunnelier, which should do the job I think of overcoming this issue...

Take a look at the website for details on it, and afraid apart from just recalling this product, have never used it..

Comment

Thanks to you all for your input. I will give Tunnelier a try and report back.

Comment

Will be interesting on the results, as more and more people are encountering this need of sftp for the connection, and as it is a free solution by the looks of it up to so many business users, would be of benefit to quite a few on here would imagine, both now and in the future, so your findings would be very much welcomed when you have tried it out.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

Working...
            X