Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Procedure when designer makes changes to content of live site for client

Hi,

Not sure how to proceed on sending the site back to a client after making amends (additional products)
    I got my client to send me a snapshot which I overwrote my version of site with ready to do amends - and told him not to download any orders before I sent it back to him.

Now - while I have been doing the amends he has had email notification of an order waiting to be downloaded.

What is the correct thing to do? Should I:-
    a) download the order and do nothing with it, then push the changes up and send my client a snaphot and tell him to check the orders
    b) not download the order and just load the changed site up and then send my client a snapshot and tell him to download the order (I'm worried that my pushing the site files up again will delete the order on the server??)
    c) something else - in which case what.

Would be grateful if someone could clarify this as I don't want to delete my client's orders!!

Also - I'm having trouble getting a snapshot from one of my other clients - is there a way to 'synchronise' the files from within Actrinic without affecting what happens their end (I want to do a froogle feed for them - they have been going to send me one for weeks) so I can generate a froogle feed?

Many thanks
    Jo Taylor

Your client can still download the order - it will not affect the site other than clear the order.

You should create the snapshot and send over to your client - advising to check for any orders and then suspend ordering for 30 minutes - your client should then install the snaphot and upload to the site (enabling online ordering)

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X