Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major problems after changing server

Hi

My ISP (Pipex) moved me to a new server after the old one developed a fault. The new server is of a different (supposably better) type, but I am having great difficulty in getting Actinic to work with it. I am confident that all my network settings are correct, but I get various error messages when trying to do anything (ie. uploads, downloads, connection test, connection wizard etc). The errors all seem to revolve around either permission problems or the 'connection with the server being reset'.

I also experienced similar problems when connecting to the new server via my FTP program (WS_FTP LE), but on the advice of my ISP have updated that to a newer version and the problems have gone away - unfortunately I cannot simply update my copy of Actinic in the same way, so I need some help.

My ISP tells me that the spec of the new server is as below:

HP4 server 2GB RAM, 2 XEON P4 processes
    Running Debian 2.2
    Apache2
    Perl 8.5.4
    ProFTPd

I am using Actinic 6.1.3. The website (which I have now effectively lost control of) is at www.magazineexchange.co.uk

If anyone can help me at all I would be very grateful!

Many thanks

Jeremy Arnold
    www.magazineexchange.co.uk

When they changed the server, did this move you onto a new IP for the service with them??

Just some ideas, disable all firewalls just incase it logged the IP as allowed and is now blocking you cos you are on a new IP, which if that works, then switch the firewall back on ofcourse and then look through its settings to get you back online.

Also, go into Control Panel | Adminstration Tools | Services and see if the XP DNS Cache has cached the wrong details and not letting it update, which you can test by stopping that service in XP and then trying it, which should force your pc to get fresh details from your ISPs DNS servers..

Comment

Hi Jermey,

What are the error messages you get when you run a test in Advanced | Network Setup ? Can you check with your host if the new server requires authentication for the SMTP server, for if it does then they need to switch it off for you, v6.1.3 does not support smtp authentiction and could be the cause for errors. Also check what is the time out period set for script execution?

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
      X