A black and white issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A black and white issue

ok, just started a new site, based on the clean layout02 theme, starting with default colours.

But, I have the following problem -

I set Pallette colour 2 (the top bar) to black, and the main background is white.

However, if I set the text to white I can't see the text in the main window, and if I set it to black I can't see the text (buttons) in the black bar...

How do I get it to do black on white and white on black at the same time...?
    John

You would have to go in and probably create your own customvar properties for the non standard used text colour, i.e. set the default one to how you want as per the pallette, and then assign your own customproperties within Actinic and then within the templates using it, so not as simple as just changing a colour in Actinic colors, and more customization of the templates to incorporate your unique colouring needs...

Comment

or ditch the palette colours altogether and code everything in your CSS file.

This will resolve your grey issue as in the other post.

Comment

I'm in a hurry - started this afternoon, hope to have site finished by tonight so don't have time for figuring out how css works...

Have fixed the problems so far by hard coding.

Just wondering where the basket colours are set though...?

The variable is "NETQUOTEVAR:CHECKOUTEM" but nothing like it in in design/colours...
        John

Comment

CHECKOUTEM = Form emphasis
          CHECKOUTBG = form background
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

ok, it's the text on the cart page I'm having problems with now. All is well - except the product description.

The following code (I added the font command) still displays in white text (my default colour) -

<SPAN CLASS="actxsmall"><font color="black">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME </font></SPAN></TD>

Bizarely, if I put some text around it like so

<SPAN CLASS="actxsmall">
            <font color="black">xxx NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME xxx</font></SPAN></TD>

Then the text on either side ("xxx") is BLACK, but the description is still WHITE

I'm guessing it's calling another page somewhere or something - but what/where???
            John

Comment

I think your question is answered here...

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16829

Comment

Working...
              X