Actinic Awards 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Awards 2005

The nominations have just been announced for the Actinic Awards 2005.

We would really like all Community members to vote in a new category for this year: 'Actinic Community Contributor of the Year 2005'. The finalists for this award are:

Jo Moorcroft (pinbrook)
    Norman Rouxel (NormanRouxel)
    Jan Strassen (Jan)
    Techno-Web (Support@Techno-)
    Jonty John (jont)
    Mike Hughes (olderscot)

The voting page is at
    www.actinic.co.uk/Voting-Community.htm

We are awarding the Actinic Regional Partners of the Year 2005. Voting for these can be accessed from
    www.actinic.co.uk/actinic_awards.htm

Voting closes at 5pm on Tuesday 15th November 2005, and winners will be announced on Thursday 17th November 2005.

You only have one vote in each section (only one community contributor, and one partner) so use it wisely!

Chris,

I understand we can have two votes, one in each section.
    I voted OK in the regional section but when I try and vote in the community section the pop-up says only one vote allowed. Tried clearing the cache and cookies.

Maybe there's a js problem:

North & Scot, South, & Commnunity all have:

javascript:Start('voting.php4?question=N-Scot&answer=xxxxx')

but Midlands has:

javascript:Start('voting.php4?question=Midlands&answer=xxxxx')

Duncan
    Last edited by Duncan Rounding; 15-Oct-2005, 05:44 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Just wondering how you decided on the finalists? I would have thought that Bill from Egyptian Wonders should have been included in the list. He's always willing to help and I don't think I've ever seen him write an unkind comment to anyone. Just a thought.
      Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
      Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

I must admit, Bill was the person that I thought could have also been included.

On behalf of the rest of the forum members, I/we thank you all for your contributions, and wish you all the best in the vote.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Just wondering how you decided on the finalists? I would have thought that Bill from Egyptian Wonders should have been included in the list. He's always willing to help and I don't think I've ever seen him write an unkind comment to anyone. Just a thought.
          Couldn't agree more, I also expected to see him on the list

Mick

Comment

Duncan

Unfortunately, you only actually get one vote across the whole awards. The community and regional awards share the same voting system, which monitors IP addresses to prevent multiple voting. Not that we think there's much risk of cheating. You are all honest people, and let's face it, the awards are not as important as all that. But we think it's important to have this check in place, so that everyone can have confidence in the final vote.

We will try to fix it for next year so that you can have one vote in each section. Sorry for any disappointment. This is the first time we have done this, so we are learning.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

You only have one vote in each section (only one community contributor, and one partner) so use it wisely!
              Thanks for clarifying Bruce - I guess I misunderstood the above.

Duncan

Comment

No, the above is incorrect. There was an internal miscommunication - entirely my fault.
                Bruce Townsend

Comment

How about an ACTINIC award for site of the year?

Comment

> How about an ACTINIC award for site of the year?

Thanks for the suggestion - I will make a note of it for the future
                    Bruce Townsend

Comment

Hi, guys.I'm new to the site but I would also add that Bill deserves to be on the list. Since I joined in I had 4-5 problem I posted here and Bill was the only one that really helped me solve the problems. He really is a good guy and I think he deserves it. Thanks.

Comment

Everybody,

It is nice to be appreciated and I thank you all for the comments, but we have the finalists, and these are all helpful people. These are the people who helped me when I first started and without their original input I would still know nothing about Actinic.

My turn next year

Best regards,
                        Bill
                        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill

Thank you for your graciousness. It would be difficult to add someone to the shortlist at this stage. No doubt there are other contributors who also have their champions - where do we draw the line? But the level of support for you has not gone unnoticed. Many thanks for all your valued contributions. Hopefully next year you will make the cut.

Best regards
                          Bruce Townsend

Comment

go bill go

Bill does it for me too!!!!!!!

I have seen good postings from all the finalists, only been using this actively very recently though despite being an actinic user for ages.

A bit unfair to single one out from the list, each finalist has a different are of expertise.

I think I will quit my work and become a permanent Actinic forum crawler!! he he
                            Curtain Poles

Comment

Could we give Bill some kind of "Lifetime Achievement Award"?
                              www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X