Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping in view cart

HI,
    I've got a couple of little problems that people have pointed out to me. Im not sure how to sort it out.

The first one is the shipping price doesn't appear in the view cart, it shows up when you check out. If you go through to the checkout and then back it shows the shipping but won't update if you add items.

The second problem is i've got an items and value quick cart at the top of the website. This shows the correct amounts in view cart but on the rest of the website the values come up 0.

My website is: www.toolbox37.com

The site needs to know what shipping to apply, which it will not know until the customer provides this information, so go into View | Business Settings and then Ordering tab and assign the option "Request location information early" which will force the customer to provide delivery location basics upon adding the first item to the cart..

The cart values were updating ok within my browser, so maybe check your cookies in your machine and see if clearing those then allows the update to function for you.

Comment

Look at "request location early" for the solution to your shipping charges - did the posts in your other thread solve the items/value problem?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

HI again,
        Many thanks for your help,

The quick cart is now fixed but the "Request location information early" option is greyed out. Im wandering if this is something to do with shipping bands.

Comment

From the online help

Note: If you have ticked 'Request Location Information Early' in 'Business Settings | Ordering', then you not have any options for shopping mode. You will only be able to use 'Quantity on Confirmation Page'.

The converse might apply - i.e. request location early may only be available under quantity on confirmation page shopping mode.
          Bill

Comment

Thanks for all your help,

Unfortunately the "request location information early" option is still grayed out when i have it on "quantity on confirmation page shopping mode".

I've messed around with the settings but i can't seem to get it so it's not greyed out. If anyones got any suggestions on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
            ROB

Comment

Rob, can you just confirm that ALL sections are now set to quantity on confirmation page. Just one item with a different setting will grey out the request early box.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill.

I didn't realise you could overide the parent layout in each section.

After messing around with it for ages it seems that you have to make sure the deleted sections are set to parent layout as well.

Once again many thanks for all your help
                ROB

Comment

Working...
                X