CGI Bin Problem When Uploading to Pipex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CGI Bin Problem When Uploading to Pipex

Pipex are in the process of transferring name tags so the proper address is not working yet, although I have a temporary address (eg 212.67.202.131/~astleys) until this comes on line.

I am trying to upload Actinic, go into Advanced Network Setup and Test, everything is okay until it gets to the cgi-bin directory. Keep getting error message.

Have tried the wizard too, it takes several minutes trying to find the cgi bin but it eventually says the specified cgi bin URL or possibly the path to the cgi bin is not correct. Check the cgi bin and try again (I must have tried every combination possible!). If the cgi bin is correct, return to the first page of the wizard and turn on the button to confirm each setting (done that). Then progress through the dialogs once again and verify that the path to the cgi bin is also correct. The web server returned (404) not found. I've even deleted what it puts in and clicked on the directory and transferred it across!

Pipex have also checked permissions and they are set to 755.

Other error message I get is Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.

The web server returned error code 404 - Requested URL not found. This means Actinic can not execute the CGI scripts on your web site. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to check the web setup.

I really don't know what the problem is. Has anyone got any ideas???

Many thanks

Mel
    Last edited by MelodyW; 15-Oct-2005, 07:03 PM. Reason: Addition

There are quite a few pipex users here. If you post your network settings I'm sure someone can give you a few pointers.

Mike

PS. the easiest way to do this is to export the setting to a text file and then open it, copy and paste the settings into your post and then overwrite the username and password so no-one can see what they are.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hmm Pipex & 123 are the same, have you got one of those standard holding pages 123 love?

If you have, manually upload an index.html, check the holding page has been replaced then upload.

Should solve your problem

Mick

Comment

Re: Uploading problem

Hi

The tags have now been transferred and it is now working fine apart from one small problem. I previously uploaded to a different site using index4.html as the main page, but I can't find where I changed this, and it keeps uploading to index4.html rather than index.html.

Help!!!

Thanks

Mel

Comment

Sorted

Have just found it and it is now working fine.

Many thanks

Mel

Comment

Working...
          X