Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple/Advanced Search not showing

Hi All
    My simple and Advanced Search show up in the Catalogue section but not on the main page (index.html). How can I get them both to show up?
    cheers

Hi,

You will have to add the search variable NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH to the brochure template, Act_BrochurePrimary.html. You can insert the variable in the template to appear where you would like it to. You will find both he template in your Site1 folder .. C:\Program Files\Actinic vx\Sites\Site1 .

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce
      Thanks...what about the Advanced Searc?...why does it only shwo up in the catalog section and not the maine page?
      Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi,

That is because it is not designed to work on the Brochure page. There is a workaround however. You will have to copy over the code from a generated search page and insert it into Act_BrochurePrimary.html and then it will work. You will not be able to display only the Search button to lead to the search page, unless you create a button and hard code the link to the search page.

An example of the generated code is below ...

I am using the smart theme on a basic default site..

<FORM METHOD=GET ACTION="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" > <A NAME="top"> <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM"></A> <Actinic:NOWSERVING/><Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/><div align="center"><span class="actxsmall"></span></div> <input type=HIDDEN name="PAGE" value="SEARCH"><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="600" align="CENTER"><tr> <td colspan=2 valign=TOP align=LEFT><p>&nbsp;</p> <p>To search for a product enter search words, price range, or both below. The results will be displayed with links to the specified product. <Actinic:RETAIL_ONLY_SEARCH/></p><p>&nbsp;</p> </td></tr><tr><td valign="TOP" align="center"><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=3 width="600"><tr> <td valign="TOP"> <b>Search words</b><br><input type=TEXT name="SS" size=40 maxsize=255><br> Look for products containing<input type=RADIO name="TB" CHECKED value="A"> all <input type=RADIO name="TB" value="O"> any&nbsp;of the above words<script language="JavaScript">
        <!--
        for (nIndex = 0; nIndex < document.forms.length; nIndex++)
        {
        if (document.forms[nIndex] && document.forms[nIndex].SS)
        {
        document.forms[nIndex].SS.focus();
        }
        }
        // -->
        </script></td><td valign="TOP"> <b>Price range</b><br> <SELECT NAME="PR" SIZE=1>
        <OPTION VALUE="-1">Any
        <OPTION VALUE="0">£0.00 - £10.00
        <OPTION VALUE="1">£10.01 - £20.00
        <OPTION VALUE="2">£20.01 - £40.00
        <OPTION VALUE="3">£40.01 - £100.00
        <OPTION VALUE="4">£100.01+
        </SELECT>
        </td></tr> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="GB" VALUE="A"> <tr> <td colspan=2 valign="BOTTOM"> <b></b><br> </td></tr><tr> <td colspan=2 valign="BOTTOM"> <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="Search"></td></tr></table><p>&nbsp;</p></td></tr><tr> <td valign="TOP"> </td></tr></table> <div align="center"><span class="actxsmall"></span></div> </FORM>

This works for me.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce
          Thanks a million..and sorry for the misspelling..I must change my keyboard...(hp) into a nice big one..
          Anyway...as a matter of interest, why is the Advanced search not meant to be in the Brochure Section? Is it so that customers are enticed to go directly to the Store Section?
          TIA and Cheers

Comment

Yes, that is the basic idea.
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X