Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link from external file to the view basket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link from external file to the view basket?

This is an unusual request I have just received from a client:-

They would like an account (logged in user) to be allowed to shop normally (no problem there). However, they want the user to be able to click a button and be shown a standard order form which will show the user all the products (they have ordered in the past) they can then choose the products they wish to reorder and then go thourgh the cart/order process as normal.

This is a different option to the save/retrieve as I will explain below:-

My client will provide a text file (from his database) or a CSV or a database capability that will have the client account number, product reference, short description. This will be external to the actinic system.

Is it possible for the (logged in) account holder to choose the products he wishes from a form and to reorder the ones he chooses by pressing a button that searches the actinic catalog and then populates the shopping cart?

Hi,

I do not think this is possible, but have put this across to the development team to take a look at and see fi they can come up with an idea. Will post back as soon as I hear from them.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I am afraid this will not be possible to do easily. It will involve customising the scripts to adapt to using an online database, which will involve a lot of work and is something that will not be supported by Actinic even if you do manage to get it to work.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

I have managed to develop this so far without having to modify any .pl scripts. However I need the be able to have a section with ALL the products listed, generated by Actinic so that it is uploaded to the web but not visible to ANYONE at all.

Any ideas how I can stop everyone viewing the section?

Comment

Hi,

You will have to create the new section and add duplicates of all the products on the store to this section. Refresh or upload the site, once done mark the section as 'Hide on Website' and then Refresh or upload the site again, this will make sure that the section is not visible to anyone but the generated html page for the section will be available on the server and you can provide a link to it or connect to it if necessary.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X