Stock Levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Levels

I have been looking through help files, Advanced User Guide, Design Guide, this forum etc, and can't seem to find much information on implementing stock level warnings. I can find plenty of information about managing the stock levels manually, but I needed to do it from a file, and work out how I needed to change the products to associate them with it. I was wondering if I had missed a section in them, or if there are any resources that explain it very well?

I am using another stock control program which I was told by the manufacturer’s I should be able to import into Actinic. It can export 'web store files', which are .csv files with all the current stock levels in, but I can't seem to find a way to import it.

I'm really sorry if I've missed in it there, but its doing my nut.

Thanks for any help,
    Amy
    Amy
    Saltrock - www.surfline.co.uk

You can import the stock levels at the same time as products, or link to them if you have Actinic Business.

See 'stock levels' in Help within actinic (at least that's where it is in V6).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I can see a section on importing, but there is no section called stock levels in v7. It only mentions briefly that you can import stock levels, not really how it works. Still a bit puzzled sorry.
      Amy

Comment

Is there a section about linking to an external database? That's the way I would do it. Assuming you have Actinic Business and not catalog.

Mike

Comment

Yes, I have got that section, I was actually just reading it as you posted It sounds like it might be a better way around the problem.

The program that I would normally export a stock file from, runs from a MS SQL database, so I assume if I can get access to the database that that program uses, I could also update my stock levels that way? If I'm thinking about that correctly, it sounds like a much tidier solution.
          Amy

Comment

Yes, you should be able to link straight into the stock database but if you run into any problems then you can also link into the CSV file as an alternative.

Mike

Comment

Cool, thanks for you help I think I'd better go and have a play and see what happens, and how excatly the fits together. I'm quite excited, but I expect I'll be back again
              Amy

Comment

Working...
              X