duplicate product issue with value not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duplicate product issue with value not showing

HI, i have set up many duplicate products in V7 catalog, the master product contains a custom propoerty with a value of 'for 250 grams of sweets'
    This custom property displays ok on the master product but when i view the duplicate online the duplicate is missing the custom property value.

I can see the text i entered in the value box when viewing the duplicate product in the back end of catlog but it does not show online.

I added my custom property to the product line template to get it to show for the master product, is there a template for duplicate products that i also have to add the custom property to ?

Thanks
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

Duplicates work the same way as master. If you are using the duplicates in another section make sure you are using the same product layout - they may be inheriting a default layout from the master section that does not have the CUSTOMVAR in there

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi, I have checked the templates, the duplicate products are set to use parent, the parent has been sent in design options to 'Act_ProductLineLarge_wes.htm'
      I amended this template to include my custom property, it displays ok for master products but not duplicates.
      I have also compacted the database and refreshed site but still getting the problem.

To see the problem please view the link below, it will take you to the duplicate product, the price should have 'for 250 grams next to it'
      It is showing just '250g' maybe it is my browser not refreshing but i have tried it in explorer and firefox with cleared cahe.

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.u...led_sweet.html

The link to the master product which displays correctly is:

http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.u..._and_navy.html

Thanks
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

These are definitely not using the same product layout. Open both pages in a tabbed browser like Opera or Firefox and click back and forth between the two - see the movement?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi, i just viewed in firefox and yes your right they dont look the same.
          However, i have just checked my setup and in design/option/layout/default product template/Act_ProductLineLarge_wes.htm

The duplicate product is set up as :Layout/Product Layout/Use Parent

The master product is set up as: Layout/Product Layout/Use Parent

I thought Actinic is supposed to then use the dafult template set up in design option/layout
          It looks like something is overiding this setting else there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Try specifically selecting Act_ProductLineLarge_wes.html as the template for both - they just might have different parents
            Bill

Comment

hi, i have just changed both duplicate and master to 'Act_ProductLineLarge_wes.htm' in the product layout.

I have viewed both products in tabed firefox and i am still not getting the correct display.

The duplicate fails to show the custom property correctly.

Thanks for looking, hope I can get this sorted quickly as i have spent far too long on this one issue.

wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

It should work - I have products with 4 customvars and they are all passing through to the duplicates fine. Have you also checked the properties tag in the dupe is ticked to use as CUSTOMVAR ... this should not need ticking as it is copied over when pasting the duplicate but worth a check

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi, just doubled checked but the duplicate is set to Use as CUSTOMVAR
                  None of the other options are checked.

I dont see what is going on here, the master and duplicate product layouts are set to 'Act_productlinelarge_wes.htm'
                  This should overide all other settings, plus in design option layouts the product layout is also set to 'Act_productlinelarge_wes.htm'

Thanks
                  Wesley
                  Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Is the customvar specified in the properties tab of the duplicate product and what value do you see assigned to it there?

I see '250g' where the full text should be 'for 250g of sweets'.

If yes, and you delete it, do you completely lose the custom text or does it now inherit from the parent?
                    Bill

Comment

hi, the duplicate product has 'for 250 grams of sweets' showing in the value box of the custom property. As it is a duplicate of the master it is showing but you can not change it.

it is also ticked as use custom var.

I shall now remove the text from the master product and see if it updates then put the text back in and see what happens.
                      Thanks
                      wes
                      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

ok, i have just remove the custom property text value from the master product, this has in turn removed in from the duplicate product when viewing in catalog backend.
                        I have uploaded and the master product now shows without the custom property text. However the duplicate product is still showing '250g'
                        It seems like actinic is not updating the duplicate product properly.
                        I have email actinic support about this as well.

I shall now re enter the custom property text in the master product and upload again.
                        Shall see what happens
                        Thanks
                        Wesley
                        Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

me again!
                          I have now re entered teh custom property text in the master product, it shows in the duplicate product whilst viewing in the backend of catalog.
                          I have uploaded but the duplicate product still does not update.

What a waste of a day this is...
                          Thanks for all who are trying to sort this for me, hope day is better than mine.

Wesley
                          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Ok last thing i can think off trying,
                            I have clicked on RESET for duplicate product, checked all settings and layouts, uploaded cleared all cache from web browser, viewed in explorer and firefox and on a mac!
                            Still no joy!
                            wes
                            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Wes,

One last attempt - add one letter to the duplicate page click apply, and then delete it again and click apply - this should force actinic to see the version of the page on your local drive as new and actinic should upload that to the server.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X