Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

migrating store to new server

Hi
    Does anyone know if there are any issues surrounding migration of a store to a new server?

We are thinking about shifting from shared to dedicated hosting. This means a new server running Linux RedHat, and I'm wondering if the tech guys need to make sure any particular server configuration is set so that the catalogue will run properly.

Am I being optimistic in hoping that it is just a matter of uploading the site and having everything work in one hit?

Cheers

k

Hi,

Migrating to the new server should not be too much of an issue as long as the DNS for the site has been resolved to the new server, this usually takes between 24 to 72 hours ( can be quicker depending on the host ). If you want to ensure that the new server will comply with all requirements for Actinic to function smoothly, I would suggest you look in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\, here you will find a text file called Mail2hst.txt. Copy the contents of the file into an email and shoot it over to you new hosting company and if the replies are favourable then you should have no problems. Linux / Unix servers are generally a lot easier and quicker to get going when compared to Windows servers.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Brilliant stuff.

Thank you, Bruce.

K

Comment

Working...
      X