• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions Regarding Carriage

On our site we currently have carriage set per item:
    standard £1.95
    priority £4.95
    express £12.00

If people order x1 garment then the above cost just covers the cost of p+p, which has worked fine for us over the past year, but as our products have grown people are ordering quite a few products all together. If they are selecting say x3 products on priority then the carriage would calculate £14.85

I am looking at changing the carriage to work it out on weight, but our products weight differnet things. ie a hooded sweat shirt weighs more and needs a higher cost than an item of underwear. Where do I set what each product weighs??

Click on the product (green parcel-like box) in the Actinic Catalog Tree then change to the detail tab in the dialog area on the right. Look toward the bottom left.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You can assign each product weight in the Details tab against each product

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We are at it again Bill - answering at the same time

Bikster

Comment

And, of course we are both giving the same answer, though I tend to labour the details a bit so it helps even the first time user - pedantic SOB aren't I
          Bill

Comment

thanks you two, will have a look in the morning

Comment

actually before i go...i would require that there is a minimum charge say of £1.95 for the first item purchased and then say another t-shirt that weighed 0.2kg would be an additional £0.99 as appose to another £1.95. is this possible??

Comment

Yes, under View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling you can set the various bands for weight and costs accordingly ... set the band rates so adding in another product simply moves the total into the nest weight band and next price range.

Note that you can "cheat" with the products by setting artificially higher or lower weights to suit your shipping model eg: if you want to temporarily add free shipping on a product

Bikster

Comment

Using weight can make a lot of hard work for you as you grow

What you can use is the £4.95 priority and then add say £1.50 per additional item by using increment highest value by 1

that way they get charged a fixed rate for each additional item which whilst not exact most are happy with
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

thanks everyone.

after messing with the settings I have decided to go with Chris's idea of setting the £4.95 priority charge for the first item and and then an additional charge of say £1.00 per item. saves me weighing all of the products.

thank you, just the other problem regarding setting a minimum amount that a login customer has to spend now if anyone has any ideas

Comment

View | Business Settings - Ordering tab - but I think this will apply to all visitors, not just those who login.
                      Bill

Comment

Higher Postage Rates For Certain Products - Is That Possible?

Hi

Up until now my shipping rates worked perfectly. Unfortunately I sell some items whicha re bulky and require very heavy and costly packaging which my shipping charges do not cover.

I would like to know whether is is possible to add a specific minimum shipping charge for those items??/

Comment

Against the bulky product you can select the option to "ship seperately" in the products details tab - this calculates the shipping cost independently to the other products. You could set a very high weight against these products and set the shipping tables accordingly

Bikster

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I currently have the Shipping charges worked out by the total value of the customers orders.

I have tried to change the shipping separately on the product details tab of the bulky products but it is blanked out.

Not sure what to do now??

Comment

Hi,

Ship seperately will only be avialable if you ship by weight, not by value.

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X