Customers' Purchase Order Number not appearing on emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need the customers' purchase order number to appear on the email that is sent to us when a customer orders. I have followed the instructions in the advanced users guide to the letter with the OrderScript.pl and Act_CustomerEmail.txt and still the PONO does not appear in the email. We are only using the store in manual mode and depend on these emails to capture the orders. The shopping cart demands an Order Number but the email only gives us the auto generated order number.

Dear Mr David Dobbie,

Thank you for shopping at Sandretto UK Ltd .
    We have received and are processing the following order:

Order Number: DD11DS50000043
    Order Date: 19 October 2005 16:13 GMT

Ship To:
    Mr David Dobbie
    Sandretto UK
    Leigh Road
    Swift Valley Ind Est
    Rugby
    Warwickshire
    CV21 1DS
    United Kingdom
    01788 544221

Shopping Cart (Prices in British Pounds)
    DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    8SDO89K 1 GBP73.00 (EUR104.39) GBP73.00 (EUR104.39)
    ======================================================================
    Subtotal: GBP73.00 (EUR104.39)
    Shipping (Next Working Day): GBP10.00 (EUR14.30)
    VAT: GBP14.53 (EUR20.78)
    Total: GBP97.53 (EUR139.47)

Sincerely,
    Mr Andy Roberts
    Spares
    Sandretto UK Ltd

Leigh Road
    Swift Valley Ind. Est.
    Rugby
    Warwickshire
    CV21 1DS
    United Kingdom
    01788 544221
    spares@sandretto.co.uk
    www.sandretto.co.uk

Is there something else that I need to do?
    Do I need to upload the script files to the CGI-bin or is that done automatically when I "update website"?

I would appreciate some help with this.

I’ve got exactly the same problem. I changed the script for PO number and also to get two other info boxes, however, neither have any effect. I wonder if this is because I am currently on Actinic’s trial hosting site though?

Comment

I'm pleased that someone else has the same problem which means that it is not just a silly mistake.
      I am wondering if the altered script needs to be uploaded to the server separately. There is a function under Advanced, Generate Scripts but I cannot find any Help for this function and I do not want to experiment with this and risk making a hash of it until I know what it is for and if I should be doing it.

Maybe someone could clarify this!

Comment

Getting somewhere…

I’ve done the same with the shippingtemplate.pl file: modified it to list alphabetically and still no result. However, I then switched to Test Mode and did a site update and this time it worked. Also the email where I’ve inserted the PO reference now comes up with a completely blank line. I have entered a PO reference though – its required. Still no joy on the two boxes though. Kind of half-way there – definitely something to do with the script upload I think. Shame, because this PO business is a deal breaker for us.

Comment

Have you tried doing a complete refresh of the site?

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Yup, sure have.

Comment

Rob
              I wonder if this is because I am currently on Actinic’s trial hosting site though?
              Yes - no Perl changes will have any effect until you start uploading to your own web server.

Comment

Have finally got a result on this.

Have recently moved the trial to my own server where I can get to the site via ftp and see what’s actually been uploaded. So, still not getting any joy on the double box thing, but when looking in /acatalog I noticed that Act_CustomerEmail wasn’t even there, even after a refresh. In the Advanced Manual, its this template one’s told to put the PO reference in. However, Act_BuyerEmail was. So I put the purchase order line (<Actinic:PURCHASEORDERNUMBER/>) in that and did a site refresh. Next order email came down with PO reference. Seems that Act_BuyerEmail is sent to both buyer and administrator (because I’ve set that up in View/Business Settings/Ordering to get a c.c.), while Act_AdminEmail goes to the Customer Account main contact.

I’ve no idea why the Act_CustomerEmail isn’t being uploaded to my site from the local Site 1 folder. I’m sure that it must be something that I am doing here. I now need to check the contents of ActinicOrder.pm (or whatever its renamed to) and see if indeed my updated code has gone up re. the double box option. Obviously an updated OrderScrpit.pl has gone up since the PO issue is ‘solved’.

Anyway, I’ve a result or workaround to the PO number issue which is exactly what I need.

Comment

Working...
                X