Authorize.net problems again..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Authorize.net problems again..

A while back I posted about a problem with the authorize.net OCC files complaining when trying to download the payment details - now I have a client this has just started happening to... I never did get to the bottom of the issue and now I have TWO sites that it's magically begun happening to, I'm more than a little annoyed... any input on ANYTHING that might have changed with Authorize.net would be really good at this point...

cheers

Greg Hewitt-Long
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

does anyone have anything to suggest??

Comment

Hi Greg,

Have asked Development to take a look at this for you.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

"invalid Signiture"
        This problem is caused by an incorrect transaction key value.
        The transaction key should be reset in your authorize.net control panel.
        The new Transaction key should be implemented in the Actinic payment processing configuration settings and the changes must be uploaded. If your using older versions of Actinic It is suggested that you manually upload the SimHMAC.pm file located in your site directory.
        place the file in your cgi-bin and verify the permissions are set correctly.
        Test.

Brian
        Brian Johnson
        :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
        1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

I've done that several times - but I'll do it again tomorrow - just to be sure...

Comment

ok - I did that again - generated a new transaction key - pasted it into Actinic - refreshed - new orders over the weekend will not download the OCC files that were generated AFTER the change.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Have you made sure that the new transcation key is the same both in Actinic and on the Authorize.net site?

This being a Payment Service provider issue is a bit difficult to work out on the community. I will raise a Support Ticket for you and get one of the experienced personal get in touch with you. They will require to see a snapshot of the site.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

I logged into the authorize.net backend - generated a new transaction key - copied it - pasted it into Actinic - refreshed the site - new orders came in and it performed exactly the same.

I tested the transaction key with the php virtual terminal we wrote - it's a good transaction key.

Comment

This really is a strange one. Has one of the support team got back to you requesting a snapshot of the site as yet?

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Greg has a support ticket in with Sure Solutions, we did request a domain and snapshot. Our expereince with this issue is a transaction key problem. I know greg has reset the tranaction key.

In Gregs last note to us he mentioned that he did not have a SimHMAC.pm file located in the cgi-bin.
                    AS far as I can remember you must have a SimHMAC.pm file located in the cgi to complete a Authorize.net SIM tranasaction. This issue would seem to indicate that Greg may be using the older weblink version of Authorize.net which is no longer supported. I questioned greg on the software version in hopes of figuring out which version of Actinic and Authorize.net we are working on.

We had similar problems where when using version 7.01 and 6.1.4 of Actinic the SIMHMAC.pm file was not loaded to the server with the Actinic ftp process. This left a manual upload of the SimHmac.pm file to the cgi-bin, however you must configure the Authorize.net settings in Actinic correctly before uploading the file manually. Should a merchant make changes (transaction key or passord) to their Authorize.net control panel they must update the changes in the Actinic configuration of Authorize.net and manually upload the SimHmac.pm file again to the server cgi-bin.

The issue where a transaction completes and is accepted by Authorize.net system but does not return the approval of the transaction to Actinic software has always been traced to an issue with the transaction key. Any other issue (referal url issue causes a error (14) or (99)) and the bad user name or secret key, creates an error that prevents a transaction from ever going to the gateway. The transaction key is the compeonent which verifies the transaction upon return to the Actinic cleint. I have to assume that the issue is a transaction key problem. My assumption is that greg may have change the transaction key however he may have failed to upload the simhmac.pm file to the cgi-bin, or he is working with an older version of Authorize.net weblink which is no longer supported.

Brian
                    Brian Johnson
                    :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
                    1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

simHMAC.pm method tried - no joy - I'm working with Kiran and the Developers on this, so I'm waiting for input from them. Although being Unix, I'd like to see the SimHMAC.pm file referred to in the correct case - as it's SimHMAC.pm on our server - uploaded by Actinic on 24th of this month.

The version of actinic is 7.0.3 us version - the transaction key USED in Actinic is the same as the one I use in a SIM method php virtual terminal script we hacked together - which fails if I have the tx key wrong - and that works.

It's not like I can't follow instructions - but when I'm told to upload simHMAC.pm - I upload a file called simHMAC.pm - with that EXACT casing on the file - if that's wrong, then it's case of being told the wrong thing - resulting in the wrong thing being done.

I'm sure the regulars know me - it's not like I'm new to the whole Actinic scene - and this is BY FAR, the longest running problem I've ever had with the software - at this point I'm close to just rewriting the e-commerce piece in a different tool!

Comment

Working...
                      X