Links to original pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to original pages

I have created a new page for a site called bedroom furniture (http://www.pinesolutions.co.uk/acata...niture_UK.html) which has links to pine beds, oak beds, pine bedside cabinets, oak bedside cabinets etc. As it has been created on Actinic I could not link the furniture sub categories (like pine beds) to their original pages so I had to duplicate them.

The company that I employ to help with SEO have written to me saying that;
    It wasn't necessary to create new pages for the 'More' pages these could have linked to the existing pine beds page etc (sorry I didn't make that clearer). Purely duplicating an already existing page re content/products is not necessarily a good thing and can be viewed as spam by search engines. What we need to do is make these pages different by adding unique content - quite different to that already existing on the pine bed page and add new tags.

Is there any way I can get the icons to link to the original pages using Actinic or would I have to create a Dreamweaver page (I am trying to avoid using Dreamweaver for this as it would not be consistent with the rest of the site etc).

If you can shed any light on the situation I would be very grateful, It's probably very straight foraward! Many thanks.
    Ellie.

Hi,

Have had a look on the site and can see what the SEO company are referring to. You have created the section page and have the images with links leading to the actual products and the 'More Info' images leading to another section page, that then links to the various products within that section. You could have the 'Bedroom Furniture' section as the top section, with the 'Pine beds', 'Oak Beds' etc as sub sections within the main section. This will in effect produce a section list when you click on Bedroom Furniture and the section images within it leading to the products. You can set it up to have a main section, within which are sub-sections and further sub sections within the sub-sections to give you the desired effect and retain originality of content.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X