Duplicate products short description inconsistentcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate products short description inconsistentcy

Hi - I have an issue using duplicate products in my catalog.

I have a set of brake pads which are generic across several models of car.

The original product has a short description of "Porsche 911 Brake Pads". I then have several duplicates of this in different sections on the site for which I have changed the short descriptions - for example "Porsche 924S Brake Pads".

The duplicate product displays "Porsche 924S Brake Pads" in the shop but when added to the cart the cart displays "Porsche 911 Brake Pads" which confuses the hell out of the customer.

Is Actinic supposed to work like this or is it a bug?
    Regards
    David

Hi David,

I *think* that the duplicate product option is to simply place the same product in more than one section. If you want to make any changes to the product description then I think you would have to just copy and paste into the sections and change the text.

I'm not sure if using the paste duplicate option automatically updates all the copies if you make a change to the original... still trying to work that out!

Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthie
      I'm not sure if using the paste duplicate option automatically updates all the copies if you make a change to the original... still trying to work that out!
      Some fields in the duplicate are automatically updated when the master is changed eg price but some require user intervention by clicking "reset to master" against the duplicate.

Tracking duplicates is a common issue which hopefully is on the Actinic wish list for future releases (fingers crossed)

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi - I think I may have confused everyone.

I have no problem in going to the duplicate and changing the product name.

My issue is that if you add a duplicate product to the cart the duplicates short description is not displayed in the cart.

The short description that is displayed in the cart is that of the original product.
        Regards
        David

Comment

For example go here :

Porscheshop brake pads

and add the 4th item down "Front Disc 82-86 (price per pair)" to the basket.
          Regards
          David

Comment

Hi David - as Ruthie points out above a duplicate is just that - a duplicate of the master product and is used to show the same product in another section ( a big upgrade over v6) or it can be used in a cut down form as say a new arrivals list.

If you are wanting to use the same master product for several items you are probably best using a more generic title for the product eg Porsche Brake Pads and then adding in the actual model ref in the text description eg: Porsche 911 Brake Pads

Bikster

Comment

Check out Normans reply at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...scription+cart which may be another solution for you

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X