login.html missing but login works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

login.html missing but login works

I have a site which is working beautifully. Separate sections for trade and retail and the login of trade customers works well.

I want to change the page that trade customers land on after successfully logging in. I have followed the advanced user guide but I cannot find 'login.html' within the 'SiteHTML' folder nor can I find it in the 'acatalog' directory on the server.

I reinstated the original site that Actinic comes with and uploaded that to the server setting up an accounr for login, but the same story.

Anybody have any clues ?
    I have reserved my place in the home for the terminally confused !

Oh dear !

Not a single clue from anybody.

Comment

Tim,

I sympathise! I've got problems with my Login page too. I do have login.html in my SiteHTML folder although it is all autogenerated and gets recreated with each refresh.

In the Site1 directory you should have Act_LoginPage.html, Act_LoginPassword & Act_LoginUsername.html. I don't know if editing the former will assist you.

Cheers

Ruth

PS. will start seperate thread with my query!!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Ruth, I did have a look in there but I couldn't find anything that looked like it might do the trick.

Silly thing is, I have done this before without issue.

Why is it that strange incomprehensible errors occur when the deadline for completion is imminent, or in this case passed ?

Comment

Can you try this, go into Advanced | Generate Website and once it is done check in the SiteHTML folder, you should then see the Login.html page

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for trying.

Sorry to say that didn't work either.

Other things I have done include deleting everything in the 'Site HTML' and for good measure the 'PreviewHTML' folders. I have deleted everything in the 'cgi_bin' and 'acatalog' directories on the server and refreshed the site.

I have returned to the default site after again deleting the above (same problem), I have started again creating the whole site using the same theme as the default.

I really cannot think of anything else I could try in order to rectify this.

I spent nearly three days and finally gave up trying.

I would still like trade customers to go directly into their section so any ideas from anybody would be well received.

Comment

Hi,

I would suggest raising a support query here.
              They may want to take a look at a snapshot to be able to determine why you are unable to generate the login page.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X