Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long pause before receipt page

Hi,

One of our clients still on v5 CHOA has been complaining of a long pause before the customer is taken to the receipt page.

Looking at the error.err file, the only possible cause I can see is a lot of lines looking like this one:
    Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 356 , HTTP Server = Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) mod_throt, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 29/04/2003 11:09:01, Internal Errors = <B>Warning:</B> Your shopping cart was not cleared (No such file or directory). If you return to the catalog to place another order in the next hour, make sure you manually remove the old items from your shopping cart. This will not have any affect on your current order.<P>

I'm not sure if the 2 are related.

Any help welcome

Regards,

Allen

There are two causes normally for a long pause at this point:

1) Actinic cannot connect to the SMTP server online
    2) There is a permissions issue affecting the creation of the order.

It sounds as if the latter is more likely. What it looks like is the online Perl scripts do not have the permissions required to delete the online *.cart files (i.e. empty the cart). You might want to check the permissions on the 'acatalog' folder and also check that the 'owner' of the *.cart files is the same as the owner of the Perl files.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Allen

Comment

Working...
      X