Logout - how to change the page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logout - how to change the page

Is there any way to change the page that the logout link takes the customer to? It currently directs to acatalog/index.html.

This is a Perl hack but it does seem to work.

In your 'Site1' folder, open AccountsScript.pl and search for:

sub CaccLogout

a little way underneath it search for the code:

#
    # Generate redirect page
    #
    $sHTML = "<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=".$sBaseFile."\"></HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>";

change it to:

#
    # Generate redirect page
    #
    $sHTML = "<HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=\"refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=http://www.actinic.co.uk/\"></HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>";

Obviously replacing http://www.actinic.co.uk/ with your own custom URL.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your solution - I will give it a try!

Comment

Changing logout page in 7

I have looked at he perl code in version 7. (Perl newbie). And the code to direct a logout landing page has changed. I see its for the good as the html isn't hard coded. Gu how do I change the hash element g_pSetupBlob{'HOMEPAGEURL'}, or where is it set I can't find a reference to it anywhere else. Back to being a perl newbie and trying to grasp hashes and trying to fix the page.
        All I really want to do is add a prompt to the log out page that says "you have successfully logged out"

Thanks
        Dan

Comment

Hi Dan,

I see where you are coming from, its looks like version 7 script had changed to allow a variable rather than printing out the html.
          I will ask the development team if they can help and will post here once i have found some information.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Dan, just got some information back from the development team.

Edit AccountsScript.pl
            Search for 'sub CaccLogout'
            Scroll down to...

Code:
            #
            # Generate redirect page
            #
            my @Response = ACTINIC::BounceToPagePlain(0, undef, undef,
                    $::g_sWebSiteUrl, $::g_sContentUrl, $::g_pSetupBlob,
                    $sBaseFile, \%::g_InputHash);
            In the above, the zero (0) indicates no bounce delay in seconds. Change
            this to a suitable delay period to allow reading of the message. Setting
            it to -1 will prevent the page from bouncing.

Change the first 'undef' to the desired text message, this can include
            HTML.

The above will display a page with just the 'message' text. For a better
            appearance, change BounceToPagePlain to BounceToPageEnhanced.

e.g.

Code:
            my @Response = ACTINIC::BounceToPageEnhanced.(5, "You are now logged out",
                    undef, $::g_sWebSiteUrl, $::g_sContentUrl, $::g_pSetupBlob,
                    $sBaseFile, \%::g_InputHash);
            The above will display a formatted page for 5 seconds with the message
            "You are now logged out".
            Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Well- it is a solution.

This has satisified my client but I would still like to be able to send users to a page that telss them that they logged out, not just the interstitial page.

But this works for now.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X