Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pdq / ssl etc...

ok.. my turn for question

Just to clarify, I am still in the 30 day trial version ....

Let me get this right.. already paying x pounds plus x percentages for pdq... do I need to set up another system for taking payments or can I somehow hook into what I have? and if so how etc. etc..#

thanks

Originally posted by Hatticus
    Let me get this right.. already paying x pounds plus x percentages for pdq... do I need to set up another system for taking payments or can I somehow hook into what I have? and if so how etc. etc..#

thanks
    If you have no need of a pdq terminal for customers to buy from you directly then it makes sense to do away with the machine and just use a service provider.
    Having a PDQ in the first place makes it easier to set up an internet only account with a provider. But which one is a matter of choice and cost.

Personally having had several shop accounts with Barclaycard Merchant Services I set up an internet account with them and use Protx as it was the cheaper option.
    Should I need to enter an off line sale I can do that through the Protx web site, so a PDQ isn't needed in this instance.
    However if people collect from you then you have to take the card sale again through the machine with the same card as used for the original internet sale and then refund the original charge.
    These are the rules regarding customer not present collections.

You could have a provider do all the acquiring and payment processing but I found them a more expensive option. But without the machine you have less cost than having both.

Regards Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

ok thanks.

In this instance, there already exists number of high street shops with associated pdq terminals... and now expanding to online purchasing (with delivery), yet not sure of expected volume of online business.

I will have a look at the Protx site to get a grasp of how this works, Thanks.

Am new to ecommerce , so at the bottom of that particular learning curve

Comment

I've been using Actinic for two years and I'm still a novice!

What gets me is the logic of the description in the albeit thin instruction manual. I tend to read it the oposite way to the meaning of how it was written.

All I want to do is some business and not faff around with programming. However there are some useful things that can be done if you have the time to tinker around and ask questions here.

Duncan

Comment

ok.. so twenty quid a month flat rate (for lower volume band to start with for Protx) and hook into existing company bank account?

let's assume thats the best cost option for the moment.. is it relatively easy to get that working through acatolog ?

Comment

Yes it's pretty straightforward; I did it so it must be!!!

You'll need a new merchant account from BMS and while you are waiting you can orgainse Protx. The will call you so give you the codes for extra security and then you can put it up on theie test site to integrate it. When it's working you can go live.

Took about two weeks - BMS took the time to set up the account. Once it's up and running it's been fairly faultless.

The only problems I had are when any service provider gets a denial of service attack. But Protx have devised a very robust system now.

The instructions you'll get are pretty comprehensive, but may even be better as I set it up 2 years ago.

Regards Duncan

Comment

If you get approval from your PDQ supplier you can use the in-house terminal to process the cards - albeit manually - however you do sacrifice a lot (if not all) of the security due to CNP transactions - the risk depends on outweighing the cost of dodgy transaction to that of the charges for a PSP

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks ....... will weigh up both options.

Might take a "suck it and see" approach to start with.. but now have a clearer idea of next steps

Comment

Working...
                X