Marketing Features - Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marketing Features - Coupons

According to the Actinic website under V7 Business features, it meantions along with 'buy one get one free' marketing features, that it can also be set up to use 'coupons'

Can anybody tell me how we go about setting that feature up please?

And if anybody has used this feature before and how sucsessful it was for them.

cheers,
    www.ComicDomain.co.uk

For any of the discount types in V7, you can define a coupon code, the discount is then only activated when the code is entered.

We always put a few in our newsletter, but find that people rarely use them, people will quite often buy the software at full price even when it is on special offer. One tip for coupons is to use numeric codes because otherwise you will get people calling in to say that the coupon is not working when they enter it in the wrong case.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Am still trying to get the coupon promo to work even with the help from Bruce @ Actinic.

The coupon code is all set up and ready to go. The idea was to handout flyers with a printed coupon code, which a customer can take away and when their at home, they can enter the code to receive a £5 discount in their shopping basket.

But no matter what (as a customer) I don't seem to get prompted to enter in the coupon code.

If I paste the coupon URL into a browser it automatically gives me the £5 discount - but again not prompted to enter coupon code.

Am I doing this completely wrong?!?

Another idea is to possible sell the coupon codes as gift vouchers, as then they could be email out, a bit like Figleaves does at the moment. You receive the code, and the shopping basket you get prompted to enter in the code, and it gives you your discount.
      www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

There are options on the miscellaneous tab of the coupons and discounts dialog that allow you to define where the coupon entry boxes appear.

If you have these ticked and still do not see the codes, then it is probably a site upgrade issue - I had this when I upgraded to V7 and tried to use a coupon code. I sort of fixed it by adding the coupon code in manually (only sort of because only some places show the codes in my site - checkout for example, but not on the main product pages).

The code for coupons look somethnig like this :

NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
        <!-- coupon entry begins -->
        <br>
        <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0">
        <tr>
        <td><strong>NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE</strong>&nbsp;NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE</td>
        <td valign="top">
        <input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="15" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCAPTION" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
        </td>
        </tr>
        </table>
        <!-- coupon entry ends -->
        NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON

In the cart template is should be right after this

NETQUOTEVAR:CARTDISPLAY

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Okay - we're getting a little closer now.

Ticking the box in Misc, to allow the coupon code to be entered in the shopping cart worked - although still can't be seen checkout.

But a new problem has popped up - rather than waiting for the coupon code to be entered to give the discount, it gives the discount automatically once the trigger has been reached.

The discount I want to offer via a coupon code is: (£5 off when you spend £25 or more)

Any idea what might be the problem this time?
          www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

Hi David,

Looks like you have set it up to be a 'Cart Content' discount. Set it up to be an 'Order Level' Discount as on the attached file.

Regards,
            Attached Files
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X