Froogle and Customvars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froogle and Customvars

Does the Froogle export function pick up customvars?

We have products with ISBN numbers which are crucial for many shopping/comparison sites. We include these in our product data as a customvar. it would be great to be able to include these in a froogle feed

Jim
    www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

In short, no. Froogle export for Actinic (up to and including the current version) generates an F1 feed (basic product details only). Froogle's F3 feed format, which includes extended variables for books and media products, is still heavily in beta and may end up being tinkered with again once we've seen how effective it is (read: how cheat-proof it is). If you want to export a feed using the F3 dataset then you'll have to resort to an external application and the ever-useful fact your site's data is in a Jet-readable database file.. but I didn't say that out loud, did I....

regards

Alexia

Comment

Hello Jim,

The Mole End Affiliate Window feed allows you to add custom vars to a feed, you might be able to use this to generate a more complicated feed format. The current beta of the froogle mash includes the affiliate window mash, download details for this are in our current newsletter (available either in your mailbox or from the link on the front page of our website).

Let me know if it is useful.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
      X