X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifing index page

I am modifing pages with dreamweaver.
    On the p_index page there is a line ..

<SPAN CLASS="actwelcome"><A HREF = 'P_DEsitemap.html' TARGET="_self">Catalog Pages Index</A></SPAN>

What is this doing?
    I have deleted the link to the site map which I believe calls the above page and I also want to delete this text 'Catalog Pages Index' however I cannot seem find the correct location to do this?
    ________
    GZ250

When you modify pages with dreamweaver, the changes are temporary. The next time Actinic generates your site, or the next time you preview a page, the page will be regenerated with the information inside Actinic using the existing template files as guides.

The idea is to use DW to modify the template files.

In the Actinic programme interface turn Compact HTML/CGI off by ensuring there is no tick against this in View | Business Settings, then preview the entire site using the Actinic Preview in Browser option. This will generate html pages in Preview which have the start end end markers for the templates being used on a page.

In DW these start and end tags show as a stylised yellow A, click on these tags to see the name of the template at the bottom of the page, and make your edits in this template to change layout.

To change content, it is usually necessary to make changes to data entered within Actinic.

The specific content you quote is a temporary reference to a file in your Preview folder, on a live site this will probably resolve to a proper navigation link, but without knowing which page you are really viewing, or which template is building the link, I cannot say for sure. Unfortunately the P_index name is re-used for the last page previewed.

Hope this helps you.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill - but this is what I was doing viewing the pages in dw and looking at the tags and I still cannot find the correct one. When I click on the tags shows me the names of the tags. If you have the demo data that comes with the install of actinic if you click on the online catalog within actinic its the line that says Catalog Pages Index on the top of page preview.

When I open this page in dw and I click on the tags surrounding the above text there is two hidden fields and a named anchor - there does not appear to be a template.

Am I completly lost!?
      ________
      XL600V

Comment

Lee - the tag you need to find is the yellow stylised A nearest to the text.

It sounds as though you are talking about menu text links, but without a screen capture or a URL link, it is difficult to be sure. Are you using NQV:HEADERGUIDE or FOOTERGUIDE for navigation or the individual links (NAVBHOME etc)?
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I havent changed much on the site, I am just trying to get familiar with it so it is not live.. but you could see what I am talking about if you had a clean installation of actinic v7..
          ________
          herbal health shop

Comment

I have it sorted - thanks anyway..

Comment

Working...
            X