paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paypal

ive got paypal and a couple of people have ordered off me but they get charged by paypal and also they have to wait for a credit card statement which has a number on before they can use it are they going wrong somewhere
    thanks

It sounds as if they do not have a paypal account before purchasing from you, so the charge will be the £1.95 setup charge (which is refunded after a certain amount of activity on the account) and the credit card check is a security check, they have to enter an ID number from the entry for the paypal statement on their credit card statement, I think that you only have to do this once.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

paypal

Here we go again basically this is what is happening when somebody trys to pay buy paypal they have to have a paypal account which can take up to 4 weeks depending when they get their next credit card statement, a friend of mine recently won an ebay auction and paid buy paypal(he has never used paypal before) and he had paid for the goods within 10 minutes also actininc is still saying that all of my payments by paypal are pending even though the money is in my account, i looked around the paypal help pages and found this:-
      Seller Tools - PayPal Website Payments

How does a buyer purchase an item from the PayPal Website Payments button on my website?

When a buyer wishes to purchase your item, he will click on the PayPal Website Payment button and be directed to a secure PayPal payment form. Here, he will be prompted to either log in to his PayPal account or to enter his credit card, shipping information, and email address. Once he has submitted this information, you will be sent an email informing you of the purchase with the buyer's email address and shipping information, and your PayPal account will be credited with the total amount of the purchase minus transaction fees. The buyer will then be sent back to the URL you specified. During the purchase process, the buyer is not directed into the PayPal site, but uses secure PayPal pages.

So why is this not happening when they order off me
      thanks in advance
      ian

Comment

This is a known problem with PayPal in v6 in the UK. The Instant Payment Notification is not correctly writing the payment details back to the Actinic store.

Until we sort out a fix, the solution is whenever you get a PayPal order, check it is paid for on the PayPal site and then go to the 'Progress and Payments' tab of the order, click 'View Payments' and then click 'New Entry' to manually make the payment notification.

Comment

IPN Paypal

Chris,

What are the settings for IPN url in Paypal?

Has the fix in this thread been added...?

Dave.

Comment

I think the fix you want is in the attached file.

It is a new PostPayPal.fil file that you need to copy into the 'OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC' directory within 'Actinic Ecommerce v6'.

Then open 'OCCUpgrade\OCCUpgrade.ini' and change the

[Version]
            Number=nnnn

value by adding 1 to the number and saving the file. Next time you start Actinic, the changes in the file will be incorporated into the database.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok done, we'll wait for next PayPal transaction.

However within the PayPal admin screens is an option to set the url for IPN notification, I have set this our TLD main web folder but should I be targeting a script / file within the Actinic folders instead?

Comment

The IPN integration is built into the *.fil file I sent you so you don't need to change what you have in the field in your Paypal settings.

Comment

Leave the field in PayPal admin for IPN blank, ok...

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X