automate add to cart code in section page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automate add to cart code in section page

I understand the code to be able to add a product to cart from the section page but is there a way to do this automatically rather than having to add the code by hand?

href="http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?SID=3&PAGE=PRODUCT&Q_prodref=1"

I've got too many products to do by hand. Can I change the Act_sectionline.html to dynamically pull in the section value and product code to the html link somehow? I've tried using NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF and customvars to no avail.

I guess this can be done if I make a cusotmvar and use the hierarchical import as I can build the URL in the CSV file as a value (currently using flat file import)?
    seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

bump bump

Comment

I'm obviously missing something here, but why would you be automatically adding items to the shopping cart instead of allowing the customer to choose what they want to buy?
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply - please have a look at www.adv.whitehatmedia.com/acatalog/ and you will see what I am trying to do. Basically I have a section for each product as this is how the client wanted it set up. They also wanted an 'add to cart' link on the section page as well as the product detail page (don't ask why!)

I have hard coded a link for testing but this is the same for each product. Ideally I want to be able to generate the add to cart link automatically for each product in the section page if poss. rather than having to hand code.

Hope this explains what Im trying to do

Comment

OK - it sounds as though they want dual functionality.

An Actinic setup with all section products on one page with shopping mode set to Single add to cart button per page, and a second section page leading to individual product pages with shopping mode set to Quantity on product page.

Should be possible to do this by creating the single add to cart page first, then using duplicate products to create the individual pages.

Obviously they will need additional descriptive content on the single product pages.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X