Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping

Hi,
    We decided just to ship our products locally. What is the best way to do this? We are only shipping in Ontario, such as Toronto, Hamilton, Oakville etc. Would I create sub districts under ontario, then create zones because certain cities the delivery charge is different. To make it simple I was considering deleting the countries under advanced locations.

Regards,
    Randy

Hi,

That will be a good place to start. Once you have created a new country called Ontario and added the sub districts, you will need to go into Business Settings | Tax .. Create a new Zone called Ontario by clicking on the 'Add Zone' button. This will also bring up the Countries / available regions screen, select Ontario and bring over to the Zone members members area and click on 'OK'.

You should now click on 'Ontario' in the Tax Zone and it will come up with a warning saying 'You have not defined any tax for this zone. Now under the Taxes area just above the zones, Create a Tax for Ontario and name it for eg,. 'Ontario Tax' with a Tax Rounding method of 'Round Line Sicientific' , on the right hand side under 'Tax rates for Ontario', assign a name and a rate and select it as default. At the bottom of the page you will see 'Taxes Levied in Ontario Zone', using the drop down select 'Ontario' and click on apply.

Next delete any other tax zone other than 'No Tax Levied', once done, click on the 'No Tax Levied' zone and tick Do not allow none of the above as a Zone member. You will also have to click back on Ontario and select it as the 'Default Zone'

Now in the Shipping and handling tab, delete all other Shipping and Handling zones and Create a new one called Ontario and create classes named for the cities and associate appropriate shipping tables to them.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Shipping

Hi Bill,
      I created a country called Canada, Ontario because the billing page says select country. Then I selected it and put all my cities under state/provinces, then created zones and put certain cities in certain zones and added a delivery charge to each zone. Put Canada, Ontario under limited by location, checked box off. When you go to checkout it shows shipping destintation Canada, Ontario, then you select Toronto, Hamilton, etc on the right. The problem is that on the billing page the city shows up beside county/state/province. Should I have left Ontario under state/province, then created sub districts? I just don't want them to just leave Ontario sitting there in the right drop down box. Most of this does work. Can't show you I had to put it back, site is live.

Thanks
      Randy

Comment

Hi Randy

I suggest you go to 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Invoice Address' and 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Delivery Address' and rename 'State/Provice' to 'City' and then you can remove the city field from showing up online by de-selecting 'Shown' and 'Required'.

Comment

Shipping

Hi Chris,
          Everything works good thanks! Is there away to have more locations under the invoice address then the shiipping address? Even though we ship locally to Toronto, Hamiton etc. Somebody from Edmonton could place an order to be delivered in Hamilton. How could this be done?

Regards,
          Randy

Comment

IGNORE LAST REPLY - New Problem

Hi Chris,

Got it all figured out, but I'm going to have to use the User defined field. Is there away to re-arrange the fields on the checkout pages?

Regards,
            Randy

Comment

Hi Randy,

The checkout pages are Act_Order00.html , Order01, Order02, Order03 ( if using in-built encryption) and Order04 (Receipt Page). You can open them in an editor and rearrange the NETQUOTEVAR variants to suite your style.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X