help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

how can i get my section lists to appear on all pages exept my front page? there should be a choice in design | options like there is for is for the top level section lists. If this is not possible (and it should be really )then how do i create a home page to go before my front page? I would rather do it the first way

any advice appreciated, thanks

I have another question along the same lines, how do i make something appear on the front page but not the others? at the moment im putting it on act_primary.html but then i realised this would appear on the lowere level pages aswell!
    Im thinking a simple option would be to have a home page before the front page? but i dont know how to do this, can someone show me? or tell me how to do it without a home page please?
    help is needed! im sat here doing nothing

Comment

Sounds like you have reached the point many do and ditch the Actinic homepage and create your own to allow for greater flexibility.

The easiest way to create your own homepage is to preview a product page in Actinic and using a web package like Dreamweaver, Frontpage etc edit the previewed paged (P_shop.html in the PreviewHTML folder) .... keeping all the relevent Actinic codes for the cookies, cart contents etc. Save this as index.html and upload to the root of the web server

In Actinic in the content tree you will need to click on the "home" icon at hte top and untick "use as website homepage" and also under Design | Options | Misc | Homepage link set your link to the URL eg http://www.site.com/index.html

HTH

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

i think i get it, you mean make my own index.html but keeping in the relevant actinic codes so it works properly?

i deleted the homepage at the top of my content tree coz i didnt think i would need it (ive taken over a current actinic site and they didnt have one)

thanks jont i reckon i now where im going with it now

Comment

Yep - create your own index page. This allows greater flexibilty but you do lose some of the automation eg new subsections and sections are not going to be automatically added to any navigation as they are under Actinic but the freedom it allows is often worth the inconvenience (especially if you can work around the navigation issue on the homepage)

You can also add the additional files into Actinic under Advanced | Additional Files and use Actinic to maintain the uploading... although I tend to use Dreamweaver to upload the index page myself

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

much thanks, this is all starting to flow much easier
            i have one problem tho, how do i change the top level section lists to show the images (at the moment there just text links) like the other section lists do, when i click on 'images only' in design | options they just disappear even tho they have images set
            hope that makes sense thanks again

Comment

no worrys i think i got it

Comment

Working...
              X