Payment options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment options

Need some advice on the payment option settings I should select for this site

http://www.countymowersltd.co.uk/acatalog/index2.html

The customer wants to initially let customers create orders without entering their credit card details. They want the order to be processed manually in the shop after the company have phoned the customer to discuss the order with them to see if product is correct for their needs etc.

Then after a trial/evaluation period etc wants to go to a full ecommerce payment site.

How does the current payment process need amending to allow for this scenerio?

Does this process seem feasible??

Advice please

Andy
    Andy
    http://www.blueridgeit.co.uk/
    http://www.iseriessecurity.co.uk/

Hi Andy,

under View | Business Settings | Payment and Security you can set up as many payment options as they need .. including a "credit card captured for later processing" which allows the details to be entered manually using the in-stire PDQ machine.

Add a line to the checkout saying we will contact you prior to processing your credit card

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

The invoice with order option would probably suit you. You will find it in the payment methods tab on view / business settings and you can change the titel of it to anything you like. This will allow the order to be placed and payment details to be collected manually at a later date.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks - have gone with the 2nd suggestion.

How do I add a line to mention that we are processing manually to the checkout page
        Andy
        http://www.blueridgeit.co.uk/
        http://www.iseriessecurity.co.uk/

Comment

If you go to Design | Options | Layout and click edit against Check Out Pages Layout that will edit the defualt template (probably Act_PrimaryCheckOut.html)

Depending on your product and target audience capturing credit card details even if for processing later may deter time wasters if they feel they need to enter a valid card details - even though it is not being verified it will still put a lot of people off ... just something to think about depending on your products etc.

Bikster

Comment

I have three payment methods set up in Actinic (V.7.0.6.0.0.0), Credit Card, Credit Card Details Sent Separately, and Invoice with order, but there is no drop-down menu to select a payment method when checking out. Does this have to be somehow enabled or does adding the payment method automatically create the menu?
            http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Comment

Graeme,

Checked the site and I can see that there is a dropdown available against Payment method. it shows 'Credit Card' by default but clicking on the small down arrow beside it will bring up the other options available..

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce. I wasn't sure where it appeared but I see it now.
                http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Comment

Multiple Payment Options - Payment Status

I am trying to offer customers the option to process online orders but to make payment by various laternative means, such as:

send cheque
                  pay directly into our bank account
                  bacs payment

for us to match up with their order upon receipt of payment.

I've tried the options of 'Cheque on Delivery' and 'Payment on Account' but they both end up appearing in the Order downloads as if they have been paid, with a Payment Status of 'Full Payment Received'.

How can I separate such orders so that we can watch out for their payment coming in later?

Assuming there is a way, can I then use it more than once? It sems that each payment method can only be used once. Or can can I add a completely new payment method?

Thanks
                  Richard
                  www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

The payment method you need is Invoice and Payment before delivery, the others allow the item to be shipped before payment is received. Unfortunately as you have seen each payment method can only be used once.

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan, another shortcoming I guess.

Did you see my email to you of the other day with another idea?

Any idea when that other new piece of software you mentioned will be available?
                      Richard
                      www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Jan

I tried that but even that option shows as 'Full Payment Received' when you download the order !!!!!!!

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help

Richard
                        Richard
                        www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

I've now tried all the various payment options, I think, other than the Credit Card type, and I don't think there is a single one that will allow people to send money separately and then take that order into Pending Payment Service Provider in the downloaded orders.

Since they all seem to end up appearing as 'Full Payment Received' even though it isn't, surely there must be an error somewhere.

I've contacted Actinic Support but no reply as yet.

Anyone had the same problems?
                          Richard
                          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

What product price is shown on the orders and what entries are made in payments and progress?

I got you email thanks, I will reply by email.

Regards,

Comment

Have just found a similar issue with using "Cheque on Delivery" option.

I do not use Actinic for order processing so I use ordering set to be bypassed (all credit card orders once printed are moved to completed) a payment by cheque will not move to completed once printed.

The solution was to untick order bypassing and mark as paid then re-tick the bypassing option. Not ideal for me but I understand the reasoning behind it. Hopefully some better flexibility in future version will help with the back-office side of things.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                              X