emailing customers in large qtys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emailing customers in large qtys

is it possible to email all of my customers in one go.
    I would like to tell them all about a new speacial offer that I am going to run with coupon details.
    however to create a template then open all of the customers individually, click mail, and send will take forever, there must be an easier and quicker way??

thanks jenn

Hi Jen - I use Infacta Groupmail

Go here

This does the job for me.
    Regards
    David

Comment

Thanks David I will have a look at that.

I have managed to export all the data out of Actinic and into excel, which I think I should be able to create a basic text email and send it. I am not after anything fancy at this stage, I would just like to monitor the result.

Comment

I know infacta do a free version. There is a download option at the bottom of the page - but I do not know what it's limitations are.

I purchased the personal edition and this allows you to import .CSV and .TXT files into it's email database - the free version may as well.

Have fun.
        Regards
        David

Comment

thanks i shall download and try it

Comment

I am getting close to releasing my own Group e-Mail software that you can run from your own webspace. There will be options for import & export of txt, csv, mdb and xls files as well as a whole bunch of other features. Its going to be released as a beta for testing purposes soon, so let me know if you are interesting in trying it out.
            Last edited by Kermy; 25-Oct-2005, 03:37 PM. Reason: typo
            www.gbradley.co.uk
            Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

We use group mail as well, it is very easy to use. The free version has a limitation on the number of emails you can send out in one go - 100 I think - but gives you the chance to install it and make sure that it will work for you.

We (Mole End) provide a link to group mail from Actinic (which is on special offer for the next day or two), One Stop Marketing, very easy to use. You can find more details at the URL below :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Group Mail & Mole End software

Hi Jan,

I have your products, plugins and utilities disk, and I use Group Mail 5 for newsletter mailings.

Can you tell me can I extract email addresses from Actinic even though I don't do the order processing? (That's done by a third party).

Thanks,

Sally Dickson
                Sally Dickson
                Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
                The Official Paddington Bear Shop
                The Official Bang on the Door Shop
                The Official Flower Fairies Shop
                The Official Miffy shop
                The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
                www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
                Ebay
                Amazon:

Comment

Hi Sally,

The order details are held on the machine that the orders are downloaded to, you need to use the snapshot mechanism to transfer the orders from the order processing machine to the catalog maintenance machine if you want to run email marketing on that machine (to do this you have to first transfer a snapshot from the upload machine, being careful to untick the box to overwrite orders to transfer the design to the orders machine and then take a snapshot and transfer it back to your machine).

Or you could run the marketing program on your order processing machine.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actually rereading your question, if you download orders to your machine and then forward them on to a 3rd party for processnig you will have the order details on your machine and so can extract them for email marketing.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks

No you were right the first time.

I will check the settings, because we have upgraded the site several times, so I have sent several new snapshots to the ware house and they might/well have overwritten the orders.

Thanks for the answer though.

Sally Dickson
                      Sally Dickson
                      Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
                      The Official Paddington Bear Shop
                      The Official Bang on the Door Shop
                      The Official Flower Fairies Shop
                      The Official Miffy shop
                      The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
                      www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
                      Ebay
                      Amazon:

Comment

Don't forget you can only email people who have given their permission to be added to your mailing list.

Just because someone has bought from you doesn't mean you can add them to your mailing list.

Comment

Working...
                        X