creating choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating choices

Hello,Sorry to sound dense, I am just starting out.
    I want to display one product in a range and then offer permutations for example bottles in different sizes and also in different colours.
    I have created these choices but am confused as to how to manage stock levels.
    Can I do this without creating each choice as a seperate stock item? I dont want these displayed on the site seperately.
    Also I cannot find the permutations tab reffered to in the help file, it says to double click on the choice you have created, this doesnt work, any ideas please.
    Many thanks in advance, John.

Hi John,

you can create a dummy product item to monitor the stock and make it hidden so it does not show with the other items.

The permutations tab is at the component level ... the heirachy is

Product
    Component
    Attribute
    Choices

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly,
      I can see how the dummy product works but cannot find the permutations tag at all.
      I am using catalogue v7 on a trial at the moment.
      I had created a product, added an attribute then choices, I now realise that these choices wont affect stock levels, so I then created product with components, however, the layout on the page of these components is in a vertical list which I dont seem able to edit, (unlike in choices) as it doesnt have an attribute.
      In the help file it says to create an attribute, drag n drop this into another product, go back and create the component and then drag n drop the attribute into it, well that just brings up a message saying what I am attempting is impossible.
      Sorry to get stuck on what is probally a very simple task, any help much appreciated.
      John.

Comment

Do a search on laying out components as I am sure this has been covered before.

I have had issues with dragging and dropping attributes back over components before - I had to create the whole thing from scratch for the first product and their is then no problems in copy and pasting the whole component / attribute over subsequent products

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

You have to create the component and then create the attributes and choices as children of the component. If you already have an attribute, you can cut the attribute, create the component, then select the component and paste the attribute under it.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X