Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of the Section Tree.js file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of the Section Tree.js file?

I had a bit of a shock earlier, when a 56k dial-up customer told me my index page was taking several years to load. On this forum, Mike Hughes helpfully pointed out the http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...yze/index.html site (cheers Mike) and I analyzed my site www.piano-accompaniments.com.

I was told I have an Act_Section_Tree.js file of 631kB clogging up my home page, which isn't very clever. Knowing very little about html programming, I thought the way to curb this would be to remove the 'Store Sections' menus I used to have my site (by commenting out the relevant code in the Act_Primary and Act_Brochure templates) and re-loading the site to my web-host. These used to contain the javascript commands for directing customers to various places in the store from my home page. However, this doesn't seem to have worked, as the webanalyzer tool still says my home page contains the section_tree.js file.

So how do I stop Actinic from loading this huge file on to my home page? As far as I'm aware I don't need it. Any advice very gratefully received.

Paul Gardner

Hi Paul,

Simply go to "Advance | Template Manager | Main", and click on "Primary". Here it will open the "Act_Primary.html" page, simply find and remove the following line

Code:
    <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW -->
    Also go into your site folder and delete the "Act_Section_Tree.js". Now update the site again and it should disappear.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Great, thanks Nadeem.

I did think that might be the answer (from reading the Advanced Guide) but I wasn't sure. In fact I've noticed I have to remove that line from the Act_Primary plus the Act_Cart and Act_Checkout templates as the line appears there as well.

Wasn't aware I could delete the actual Act_Section_Tree.js file completely. Is this absolutely safe to do, and besides which, would it not just get automatically generated again?

Cheers, Paul.

Comment

Hi there,

Actinic will only generate the file if the following:

Code:
        <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW -->
        Appears in the primary template. When Actinic reads this, it will generate that file.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem, I'll get rid of the thing then!

I appreciate your help

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X