Visible NETQUOTEVARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visible NETQUOTEVARS

Does anyone know why I see NETQUOTEVAR:TOPSECTIONSEPARATOR NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML on the shopping cart page and on the search page rather than the contents of those vars?

David
    <DIV align=left><strong><FONT color=#800080>David
    Fitzpatrick</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
    <DIV align=left>
    <HR align=left width="50%">
    </DIV><DIV align=left><font face="Bookman Old Style" color="#800080" size=3>Travel health products for the
    adventurous traveller</FONT><p><font face="Bookman Old Style" color="#800080">
    <a href="http://www.travelclinic.biz">www.travelclinic.biz</a></font></DIV>

Can anyone help on the netquotevars problem I have ?
    <DIV align=left>
    </DIV><DIV align=left><font face="Bookman Old Style" color="#800080" size=3>Travel health products for the

Comment

David

Is this in preview mode you are seeing these?

If it is (as I suspect) then it's because a script generates these and you are not running the script in preview mode.

I think NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML is shown when a user fails to enter a required field in a form.

The other one NETQUOTEVAR:TOPSECTIONSEPARATOR I think you may have deleted something in the template that has caused this.

If you have this site posted for testing send in the URL.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

You can see it at http://www.travelclinic.biz/acatalog/

Thanks

David
        <DIV align=left>

Comment

I forgot to mention that I am not in preview mode, this occurs on the published website.

I am not aware that I have modified the cart template, might it be due to another template I'v modified.

Also, I've seen some references to problems with some of the text labels and needing to replace 100% with the html equivalent for %. I wasn't sure whether this was still a problem with V6 or how to find the piece of offending text, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

David
          <DIV align=left>

Comment

When I ordered from the site I was never asked for my details. You have messed up a template somewhere.
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

Try replacing the following:

Act_Order00.html
              Act_Order01.html
              Act_Order02.html
              Act_Order03.html
              Act_Order04.html
              Act_OrderDetail.html

from the theme directory that your site is based on (found in 'Design | Themes). 'Specific Designs' and 'Clean Layouts' are all based on BusinessCSS and 'Specific Designs (non-css)' are based on Business - so if you can't find these templates in the theme directory (c:/program files/actinic ecommerce v6/formats/themes/) then look for them in the themes as described above.

Take a back up of these files in your site directory first as any changes you have made to them will be overwritten when you replace them. You will then have to re-apply any changes.

I hope this helps.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

thanks Tracey
                Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I haven't altered those

Tried copying the files as directed, but the same problem occurs - it doesn't ask you for your personal details etc. But I haven't touched any of the cart templates or the order ones, so I'm a bit puzzled as to where the problem has occurred ?

Any suggestions ?

David
                  <DIV align=left>

Comment

Interesting.

Both these two variables are normally to be found in 'Act_ProductBody.html' rather than in the shopping cart. This makes me suspect that you have put them into your Overall Layout template - which Actinic then uses for the shopping cart.

NETQUOTEVAR:TOPSECTIONSEPARATOR is simply the horizontal line underneath the list of sections that appears at the top of a page. NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML is the list of errors that appears on a product page when you are using 'Quantity on Product Page' as your shopping mode. If you are not using this shopping mode, then you can remove this variable from your Overall Layout (primary) template.

Comment

act_header.html

They are, in fact, coming from the act_header.html file, and this is the standard one from my theme since I haven't altered this at all.

I do use order quantity on prduct page so from what you are saying I should expect to have the CARTERRORLISTXML variable, but isn't the real question the fact that the NETQUOTEVARS are visible.

So, I'm still stuck, what would make the text NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML appear rather than the content ?

I've attached the act_header file fyi

Cheers

David
                      Attached Files
                      <DIV align=left>

Comment

The variables NETQUOTEVAR:TOPSECTIONSEPARATOR and NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORLISTXML will not work properly in Act_Header.html. What theme are you using?

I suggest checking that they are in Act_ProductBody.html - if they are there, then you can just delete them from Act_Header.html.

Comment

Working...
                        X