shipping messed up on upgrade to 7.0.5

In case you didn't know by now, I patched to 7.0.5 this morning..lol
    Anyway, I have my shipping set up as
    second class £1 upto £4.99 order value
    free over £5
    first class £2 upto £4.99 value
    £1 over £5.

Since upgrading it's all messed up/
    It's charging right in the order but the shipping screen in the order is completely messed up

(see attached)

on the second one, I'd tried updating the order shipping to get it right and now it's fixed at £1! (order value is £27.80!)
    And where it gets the 28p from is anybody's guess!

The first one has first class shipping selected and is charing £1 but showing £2 here

Is this a known bug?

edited to say...

this anomoly is affecting older orders too... even completed ones
    (and I remember to uploade files too.... eventually!)
    Tracey

also... why is the CV2 not passing to Actinic when using the java encryption?
    I input it on the screen (it's showing as a required field when ordering) but it's not downloading at all.
    Anyone know why not?
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

I just did a test with my 7.0.5 with the CVV2 number and Java Encryption and it worked fine. Can I suggest you go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and do a 'Website Purge and Refresh' as this will re-send all the Java files again and hopefully fix the problem.

With regards to the shipping, could you let me know the order values for the two screengrabs. Also, is 'Priority Handling' the same as 'First Class'
      on the second one, I'd tried updating the order shipping to get it right and now it's fixed at £1! (order value is £27.80!)
      Don't you charge £1.00 for all orders over £5.00 for first class? In which case, isn't this right?

Not sure where it got the £0.28 from - does everything still look OK in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling'?

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
        I just did a test with my 7.0.5 with the CVV2 number and Java Encryption and it worked fine. Can I suggest you go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and do a 'Website Purge and Refresh' as this will re-send all the Java files again and hopefully fix the problem.
        Will do

With regards to the shipping, could you let me know the order values for the two screengrabs. Also, is 'Priority Handling' the same as 'First Class' Don't you charge £1.00 for all orders over £5.00 for first class? In which case, isn't this right?
        screenshot 1 was £46 order value with first class shipping. Yes, it *should* be £1 but the order is calculating £2 from somewhere?
        The screenshot2 is order value £27.80 and is second class (free shipping) yet it is still calculating £1 somewhere along the line.

Not sure where it got the £0.28 from - does everything still look OK in 'Business Settings | Shipping and Handling'?
        Looks fine to me! All orders are showing these weird postage figures in that box now though!
        Tracey

Comment

re. the purge and refresh.... should I check both boxes? (perl files and cat and fil files?
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Yes, you need to select both.
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

I'm also having the problem with the 3 digit security code not being passed through. We upgraded from cat 6 to business 7 a couple of months ago and this problem has recently started out of the blue. I have done a complete web purge and refresh and checked the business settings numerous times to ensure that all card types defo have this as a required field, tried test orders and it is definitely there!

First of all it just stopped passing this over altogether - after the purge & refresh it now seems to pick and chose! I can download 50 orders, print off the data entry reports and for some bizarre reason some will have it, some won't

Is it really necessary to do an upload and change to act's built in encryption then re-upload again? For us this is a mammoth job and there is no decent "quiet" time when we could do it with the least disruption (well maybe between 2 a.m and 5 a.m!).

If it's a guaranteed fix, then I'll get up in the wee hours if I have to as our PDQ is shortly going to require this information on every transaction. Anybody got any feedback on this?

TA!! Helen

Comment

Helen,

Sorry but that is the one thing that fixes this issue. We have had a few customers with the issue and on each instance changing over to the inbuilt encryption and back has sorted it out.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                  Helen,

Sorry but that is the one thing that fixes this issue. We have had a few customers with the issue and on each instance changing over to the inbuilt encryption and back has sorted it out.

Kind regards,
                  I'm on Multiuser and have just had the same problem. A website refresh (after turning off the CCV2 requirement) fixed it. Specifically I did NOT switch to inbuilt encryption at all.

Comment

Hi Guys

Thanks for your suggestions - well purge and refresh hasn't cured it, taking CVV2 off as a requirement, uploading and then putting it back on hasn't cured it. Still getting some coming through with and some without!

Have checked a few of the orders and it seems those that are coming through without the CVV2 also have the card type missing although this prints on the reports!

Will try switching to built in encryption as a last cure, but it doesn't explain why this would just start happening out of the blue?? Does this mean it could start happening randomly at any time?

Regards - Helen

Comment

Helen,

why this would just start happening out of the blue?? Does this mean it could start happening randomly at any time?
                      I do not really know why this started happening, but once the change has beeen done and set back again, there have been no instances of the random behaviour, so it will not reappear.

Have you tried the change as yet?

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

Have finally had a chance to fully test this - have uploaded in in-built security mode, placed a test order and downloaded. This came through OK so switched back to normal and refreshed.

Downloaded orders this morning and nothing has changed - still hit and miss as to whether the 3 digit security code is coming through or not.

This is about to go critical as our PDQ will shortly need this for every order - due to the volumes we handle, there is no way we can telephone every customer and ask for this information again without disastrous effects to the business!

What I don't understand is how come since upgrading from v.6 catalogue to v.7 business everything ticked along nicely for several months. Now out of the blue, things are starting to go funky like this (and other post I've made about the tree breaking!). Apart from the upgrade I've not patched or changed anything - just adding products and making stock changes etc as normal.

Hope you can help - Regards - Helen

Comment

Do you by any chance know if these are people who use a Maestro card or a Switch with no code? If you have the option on the store then for these cards you will not receive a security code. Can you perhaps put through a sale with a known card so that you can chek if the code is coming over or not.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

It doesn't seem to matter what the card is - we can get an order with a visa with the 3 digits, then a mastercard with 3 digits, then a visa with none, then a delta with 3 digits, then a mastercard with none (sod's law I don't have a single order in the current batch where payment is by switch or maestro!). However, I do have some telephone orders for these cards and on every one, the 3 digit security code has been taken so I'm a bit perplexed that you indicate these cards don't have them?!

I've tried placing a test order using my own card which is a visa delta debit card - the 3 digit security code is required as it wouldn't let me proceed without inputting it. Downloaded the order, no security code!

I've checked actinic in the progress and payments tab against orders that have come through with no security code - in every case no "card type" is shown and it won't allow me to close the order without inputting something - at which point the CVV2 box appears - again it won't let me close unless I input something here too.

The bizarre thing on these orders though is that when I've printed the reports (prior to opening the progress and payments tab), although the CVV2 number hasn't printed the card type has!! Got into the tab and the card type box is blank.

I'm confused - my head hurts! Help! Thanks - Helen

Comment

Helen,

Please raise a support ticket @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. We will need to see a snapshot of the site to be able ro check why this is happening, please mention the community reference while raising the ticket.

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X