AOL Email errors anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Brian,

Am downloadign the snapshot now. Will post back shortly. Does seem strange that you had the same problem at around the same time last year, change of clocks and all, but realistically this should not affect you as most servers stay on GMT and rarely change physical time to reflect the switch forward or backwards.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I have visited my site on your server . . but I still get a script error if I try to add something to the cart or log-in. How come that won't work from your server?

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~bksupp...irbrushes.html

I get a certificate error in Firefox and I get a HTTP 500 error in ie

http://support.actinic.co.uk/~bksupp...in/ca000001.pl

Surely it's the .pl files isn't it??

Arghhh!

If I can't get it to work on your server there must be an issue with the files, right?

Ho-hum!

Beej
      ---
      www.organicimage.com - Award-winning Airbrush Art
      Organic Image - Award-winning Airbrush Kustom Art & Airbrush Classes

Comment

Just for an update on the original AOL issue (yeah, forgotten about that!) I received an email from Nicnames support:

Hi Beej,

Thank you for contacting NicNames Support.

I have dicussed your issue with our technician. The AOL has blocked all mail
        that sent from webserver due to Spam issue. The problem has already
        rectified.

Should you have any further problems, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

------------

Now I don't actually understand it (tut!) but even if it mad sense I'd assume it meant that it's been sorted - but hey, how would I know, I can't even send an email now from Actinic to TRY IT! (screams!)

Computers eh . . I'm gonna stick to painting Hot Rods & Bikes I think!

Beej

Comment

Hi Brian,

Trying to upload on my end to my support space. Will post back with findings as to what exactly is happening.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thank You Bruce

Beej

Comment

Hi Brian,

You can now check out your site on my support space... Works perfectly fine..

This is what you need to do on your server ..

1. Manually FTP to your server
              2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder
              3. Delete all the .cat & .fil within your /acatalog/ folder
              4. On your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v6\Sites\Site1'
              5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat & .fil files here as well
              6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v6\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Now go to Web | Refresh Website and it should all go through OK.

Check your site here... http://support.actinic.co.uk/~bksupp...mpressors.html

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Sounds really promising Bruce, very excited - Thank You! But, just b4 I do.. my 'Site1' folder is the original www.subartclub.com website with a lot of uploadable hi-res digital files. If I delete all these files as you suggest, will things be re-set and will I have to do a complete refresh for Site 1? Reason I ask is because it takes a loong time. But I'm more concerned with getting Organic Image working right now... so fudge it!

Thanks very much Bud, I'll report back in a few mins.

Beej

Comment

THANK YOU Bruce

Followed your intructions to the letter and presto! worked like a charm.

So now I have one more question: What on earth causeds this to happen?

And finally Esther. . . I am going to have to eat humble pie with IOMART (or am I)??

I owe you bud, if you need something custom painting, let me know!

Beej

PS: Watch Discovery Realtime Tues. nights at 10pm 'UK Biker Build-Off' as I'm gonna be on there soon painting a bike! yeehaarr!

B

Comment

Hi Brian,

Very Glad it all works now..

Looks like it was a corrupted script that was the issue.. not Iomart !!!

Will watch for you on the Biker Build-off !!

Cheers,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X