Coupon code and a spacing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon code and a spacing problem

I've just launched my first client site and I'm struggling to understand how I can get a free product added to the list of items by just using a coupon code.
    We are already using the discount reward "buy 4 get £1 off" type and that works well.
    However the client would like to give their customers who they meet at shows around the country the ability to input a code and receive a free gift (of my clients choice - ie 50g bag of coffee).
    I've browsed the threads at length and I'm sure I saw a couple of solutions - one not using the coupon code - but I can't find them now.
    Any pointer swould be gratefully received.

Also I altered the html to increase the size of the text in the product pages and now get lots of space between product quantity and cart - obviously "too little knowledge" but I could do with some expert advice before meddling again.
    The site is www.cherizena.org.uk
    Mike
    www.cherizena.com for excellent coffee

Hi,

You will have to set up a Cart Content discount, select require coupon code, Select a product group to give it on, Under the rewards area, the reward type needs to be either '% off extra product' or '£ off extra product', this will then enable you to select a product ( 50g Coffee ) and go from there.

What changes did you make to the HTML?

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce

All I thought I did was to increase the SIZE= parameter within the code :-

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="600" align="center">
      <TR>
      <TD VALIGN=MIDDLE ALIGN=LEFT>

<FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE=+1><br><table width="600" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" cols="3">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHUREBODY</table></FONT>
      </TD>
      </TR>
      </TABLE>

Mike
      Mike
      www.cherizena.com for excellent coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
        Hi,

You will have to set up a Cart Content discount, select require coupon code, Select a product group to give it on, Under the rewards area, the reward type needs to be either '% off extra product' or '£ off extra product', this will then enable you to select a product ( 50g Coffee ) and go from there.

What changes did you make to the HTML?

Kind regards,

Hi Bruce,

I've tried your suggestion above and it's still not doing what I think it should be doing. Do you know of any actinic users that currently use the procedure that you could recommened, and then I can go along and see how it's supposed to work.

The way I think it's supposed to work is the customer has a text field option, to enter in ther 'coupon code' during the 'checkout' phase of the shopping.

But the only time I can actually get the discount to appear, is when I use the 'Copy URL to clipboard' and post that URL into a blank browser.

I'm allowing the discount on all products, not a group of them for £5 off when speniding £25 or more.

any more advice on this one ?
        www.ComicDomain.co.uk

Comment

Hi David,

For what you want to do, you will need to create a product group and add all products in the store to that group. Once done create a cart content discount called '£5 off on £25 and above spend' ( for example) and under the 'General' tab, Properties, select 'Enabled', choose the 'Based on' you want to offer the discount on, set the 'Trigger' to '£25.00', select 'Requires Coupon Code' and enter the code there. Against product group select the group you created ( or youc an use the default "Example Product Group") Under 'Rewards' select '£ Off', 'Reward Amount' enter '£5.00', select only one reward per order, click on apply and then update the store. It should work just fine.

Have attached a screen grab of a similar discount setup and the resultant discount on entering the coupon code in the checkout.

Kind regards,
          Attached Files
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Mike,

I would suggest undoing the change you made and redoing them in the productline template, Act_ProductLine.html. Looking at the source code on your pages there seem to be 6 <BR> tags between the Price and the Quantity fields. Take a look at Act_ProductPrice.html and you will see that it starts of with a <BR> tag, and there is one just before and right after NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE on the ProductLine template. Removing the one on Act_ProductLine.html should help reduce the spacing a bit.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X