Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts Need Looking At!!

Hi

Please read the following 'issue' I have come across and add your messages of support if you agree.

-------------------------------------

I want to offer 10% Discount to a select list of products on my website. Naturally, I created a product group and applied a discount to this product group (actinic support have confirmed this has been carried out correctly).

The Problem:
    I have check box components beneath a product selected for a 10% discount. These components are designed to increase our sales as an 'upsell' solution. However, if a customer decides to add an extra item to the product he wants to buy - that extra item also recieves 10% OFF.

To put it another way - in the shopping cart the total figure before VAT is given 10% OFF and not just the product that is within the discounted product group.

I do have an associated product linked to the checkbox component but this associated product is not within the discounted product group.

---------------------------------------------------------

Surely - only the products within a product group that have a discount applied to it should recieve that dicount in the shopping cart.

Please let me know if I have missed something here? If you are a user of actinic and would like to see this 'issue' resolved - please post your support here.

Thanx

I'm no expert but I would solve it by using qty discounting.
    Say you have an item at £10.00 nett the discount price would be £9.00 but you make the two rate £19.00.

The I'd qualify in the description save 10% on the first item when buying this item.

Quick and dirty type fix but could work short term.

Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Working...
    X