Runtime Error!
    Program c:\Program Files\Actinic ecommerce v5\ActSiteUpgrader.exe
    abnormal program termination

It happens always on 55% of the site upgrader running, I know it maybe
    something I have modified but I have no way of finding out
    Im using win2k sp3, pretty much everything upto date

Any ideas?

Gearóid

Hmm.. I've been scratching my head over this one as there were no template changes between 5.1.4 and 5.1.5. That means that the SiteUpgrader should find that there are no changes to make. It must be tripping over some custom code in your templates, which is causing it to fall over.

In which case, one thing to try is backing up your 'Site1' folder (containing all your templates) and then copy all the HTML files from the 'Formats\Themes\Business' folder into the Site1 folder. This will mean the SiteUpgrader will just see a set of default templates and be able to complete the update.

Then, copy all the HTML templates from your backed-up Site1 folder into your new Site1 folder and you should be back in business. You will probably need to copy all your .pm and .pl files from your 'Original' folder into your 'Site1' folder as well to make sure you are using the latest ones.

Good luck with that.

Comment

I am just about to upgrade a client's Catalog from v5.06 to 5.14 do I need to go through the same process as above?

Comment

Well it depends on your level of customisation, my site is quite heavily customised so i reckon that where my problem is so hopefully you dont have to do the same
        Cheers
        Gearóid

Comment

I haven't customised too much - only headers and footers.

I did read somewhere that some templates were altered. When I downloaded the patch from the actinic site, I couldn't download the release note because the link was broken.

I just wanted to confirm which templates had been changed in this patch.

Comment

The link for the 5.1.4 release notes is as follows:

http://www.actinicdownloads.com/Release_Notes514.pdf

There have been no changes in the Act_Header and Act_Footer templates between 5.0.6 and 5.1.4 so the SiteUpgrader should not alter your design in anyway. Just click the 'Upgrade All' button (lightbulb) on the SiteUpgrader when it appears, then click 'Save' and then close the Site Upgrader.

Comment

Thanks for the link and advice.

Comment

The upgrade went well, but the site is no different.

I did a complete site refresh - but when I try and add something to the shopping cart with Norton Firewall on I get the same messages as I did when it was v5.11.

Comment

Don't forget that the 5.1.4 fix is not for Norton Firewall - the fix is for Norton Internet Security and the way that NIS started to automatically strip 'referrer' information out of Actinic URLs. If your Norton Firewall is set to block cookies (or JavaScript if you are using customer accounts) then this will cause the store not to work.

The other thing that can cause errors is if your store is running within a frameset, and the frameset is located under a different domain. This causes IE6 to block what it sees as 'third-party cookies'.

One other thing which often works is to ensure that your online store is using the very latest Actinic scripts. To do this:

1) Go into your Actinic ecommerce v5\Original directory
                  2) Locate all the files with *.pm and *.pl file extensions
                  3) Copy them to the clipboard
                  4) Paste them into your Site1 (or equivalent) folder
                  5) Refresh the web site

Comment

Working...
                  X