Cart/Checkout Layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart/Checkout Layout

Hi All. I'm a newbie so any answers in words of one syllable or preferably copy and paste please!! I'm testing Actinic to set up a basic e-shop for my wife to sell her beads and jewellery components. I've used lots of advice to previous questions to solve most of her layout requirements but am stuck with the odd one. She sells beads in packs of different quantities to give a built-in discount. I've managed to sort out how to do the dropdown options with prices but she's not happy with the way it's presented in the cart and checkout. The test site is here: http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial21004/
    If you navigate to carnelian from the list on the left and buy a pack of 10 barrels then you can see in the cart that it shows the number of packs twice - once in the normal box and once underneath against the Option description. Iwould like to remove that second one to prevent any confusion - if needs be I am happy to remove the whole options text from the cart/checkout. I also would like to remove the text '(Prices in British pounds)' next to 'Shopping Cart' and finally - on the product page - can I remove 'Options' beside the product and just have the dropdown pricelist. Many thanks for ploughing through this!!!! Tom Riddell
    www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

hi

if you use components insdead of atributes you can select use a seperate order line or not, in the component details
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Gary,

Thanks for that - easy when you know how. Just the other 2 layout points to sort out and then I can start on the content! Tom
      www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Hi Tom,

Checked the site and you seem to have got your problems sorted. Do let me know if you still need sorting with any of the mentioned layout issues.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Suppressing component text in cart

I have a similar problem to Tom's. We sell product kits were we use components for some of items of the kit that are inventory items and also sold separately. This works fine, although I had to do some hanky-panky with the product description to suppress the components from showing on the product page. Unfortunately I have not found a way to suppress the components showing in the store cart! I did manage to remove the text by using blanks as the component name but the item number is still there! In the cart it now looks like this:

Starter Kit 1 $34.99

Since this confuses Me no end I can't imagine what the customers will think, however, the alternative with the component text showing is even more confusing! Is there anything that can be done with this? Will I have to change the [Sigh!] scripts? Of course, Actinic could have been very nice to us here and added the checkbox "Suppress component text on website" right under "Component as separate order line." Perhaps it could be grayed out if the "Is optional" box is checked in? That would be super!

yvonne

Comment

I would suggest looking at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=9147, there is a Knowledge Base Article on this too and you can access it @ http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...es.html#aKB437

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Good idea but...

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately one can only use the suggested technique if one removes ALL component texts from the store, not just selective ones. That's my problem. We also sell other products that have components where the component text is vital to the customer or they won't know what they've ordered. See the problem? That's why I said it would be great if Actinic added the option to suppress the description for each component in the design stage. Any thoughts on it?

The best
              yvonne

Comment

That would be a wish list item and I will add it in there for you.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Accidental discovery!

Hey Bruce,

It seems like I accidentally fixed the problem! I can't believe this. While working on the shopping cart layout and trying to get rid of as many nestled tables as I could. (Why this love affair with the nestled tables, Actinic? It's a pain in the you-know-what to streamline the templates to anything approaching decent layout and in 99% of the cases the nestled table isn't needed.) I then found when placing a test order for another product that has a visible component that the component screwed up the new cart, pushing everything a step to the right. So, I checked in the "separate line" bit for that component and that of course worked just fine for those that I wanted to be seen. At this point I realized I had to select this option for all the components or I had to go back to the Ugh! nestled tables.

After doing the changes to the components I had to test it by putting in the Starter Kit (the product that I did not want the components shown for) into the cart as well. Lo and behold there was NO component lines for that product in the cart! I then went back to see what the reason could be and it seems the earlier "fix" to suppress the component description on the order page is responsible for this. For the first component I've put the beginning of a commenting out tag as the HTML name with the end part of it in the last component for the product and Voilá! no components showing in the cart! The BEST part is that the components are still showing for the other product.

If you want to you can go to the site http://www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com/ and stuff a plant with Aluminum tag from any section plus the starter kit from the "Care Products" into the cart and see for yourself. Important! This store is now LIVE. Don't complete the checkout process unless you actually want to place an order.

yvonne

Comment

Working...
                  X