Page <title> Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page <title> Problems

"The page title is generated from the company name entered in the business settings and the section title. "

My Question: I would like to define 100% unique titles for my sites and *not* use the above Actinic solution. How can I do this? How do I define a *unique* page title for a section?

I see you can enter description and keywords for each section but I wonder why Actinic did not add a chance to add a Title? This is really not flexible enough. A different title for every single page is the most important part, you can forget keywords and descriptions, therefore it's a mistery for me why this is not supported by Actinic.
    Every $5 automatic page maker supports a unique title.

but I wonder why Actinic did not add a chance to add a Title
    Because Actinic is flexible enough to let you do this easily yourself.

Create a Custom Property (Advanced / Custom Properties) PAGETITLE.

In all your Primary Templates replace

<TITLE>
    NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
    </TITLE>

with

<TITLE>
    <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE -->CUSTOMVAR:PAGETITLE
    </TITLE>

And for each Section on your site go to the Properties tab and set PAGETITLE to whatever you want.

You may also want to set this via Design / Options / Site Defaults to a default value for non-product pages (search, etc).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The exisiting solution under Actinic also forces the use of careful section names and therefore page names which again are much favoured by search engines ... although you can slightly cheat by creating a SE friendly page name and then renaming the section afterwards

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks a lot, it works!

Comment

Sorry to bump an old post, but I wracked my brains about this for ages, not wishing to create extar customevars, until I discovered that replacing NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE with NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER works a treat, no extra data input required. :~)

I recommend putting it in an H1 tag just above NETQUOTEVAR:BULK, too.
          Developer v7.0.5;
          Dulcie Angel Bridal Accessories
          &
          Medscope Medical Diagnostic Equipment

Comment

Working...
          X